People who are vision impaired now have their own mobile phone thanks to NSW-based OwnFone which has developed the special mobile phone in consultation with the blind and low vision community.
Canberra 3D printing start-up, Hardcotton, has developed what it claims is the world’s first pressure-controlled 3D printer, a device which requires minimal human interaction.
A total of 26,800 3D printers were shipped globally in the first quarter of calendar 2014, and while enterprises still represent the majority of customers, the consumer sector is gaining traction, according to Canalys.
3D printed guns, candy and cars top the list.
Online retailer, Kogan, has announced that it will be selling XYZ’s da Vinci 1.0 3D Printer at a price of $699, significantly cheaper than the $1499 price tag of the only notable 3D printer available in general retail, Officeworks’ Cube 3D Printer.
Here are the nine most common 3D printer technologies
For $US59, the new Shapify.me service will turn a Kinect-based body scan into a three-dimensional figurine – all within the confines of the consumer’s home.
3D printing hit CES in a big way this year. Here are the standouts
3D printing may have an image problem. It's sometimes seen as a hobbyist pursuit -- a fun way to build knickknacks from your living room desktop -- but a growing number of companies are giving serious thought to the technology to help get new ideas o...
Undoubtedly, 3D printing is a groundbreaking technology with the potential to change the world. However, the technology has been over-hyped lately, so much so that some experts anticipate consumers will be largely disappointed with the technology’s ...
With the Inside 3D Printing conference kicking off this week, what better time than now to recap what has been the most eventful year for 3D printing technology so far.
Late last week, MakerBot Industries held the grand opening ceremony for its new 50,000-square-foot factory in the Brooklyn Armory Terminal. But unlike just about every factory you've ever seen, it takes human hands to build these machines that can 3D...
Guns produced with 3D printers pose a public safety risk that's beyond the ability of regulators to control it, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security bulletin to law enforcement agencies warned this week.
3D printers are taking another step in the long haul toward the mainstream, with a little help from Staples.
It's finally here. A new 3D printing outfit in New York called BotObjects say that it's come up with the first full-color desktop 3D printer. Unlike other consumer-grade 3D printers, the ProDesk3D does not print in just one or two different colored p...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Online Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTClient Services Manager | Digital Client Services ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC