While 3D printer sales are expected to grow over the next four years, the consumer market has failed to take off as fast as expected. The reason? Buyers are still trying to figure out why they’d need a 3D printer all.
Products ranged from UAVs and jet engines to human skull and knee replacements
HP today began taking orders for its new Jet Fusion 3D printer, which it said will revolutionize manufacturing by increasing the speed of parts manufacturing 10-fold while halving costs compared to other 3D printing technologies.
The 3D printing industry is expected to triple its revenue mainly through the consumer electronics and automotive industries, each of which will contribute 20% of total revenue.
Disney has filed a patent for a new 3D printing technique that uses high-intensity light to harden resin into a shape in a single process, unlike traditional 3D printing that uses a layer-by-layer approach.
Seeking to exploit a “late mover advantage” HP says they will be entering the 3D printer market during the third quarter for 2016 with models shipping by the end of 2016. They say they have held back from entering the market until they felt the compa...
A Silicon Valley start-up has launched a 3D printer that is capable of manufacturing limited product runs of up to 45,000 units, making it one of the first machines of its kind on a factory floor.
There's already plenty of angst out there about the prospect of jobs lost to AI, but this week, artists got a fresh reason to be concerned.
Imagine you could use a standard 3D printer to create your next robotic assistant. Just snap in a motor and battery, and it's ready to go. That's precisely the scenario made possible by a new 3D printing technique developed at MIT.
The 3D printing industry topped $US5.1 billion in sales last year, a 26 per cent uptick over the previous year, much of it due to a marked increase in industrial machines.
Researchers from the Cambridge University Library this week announced the creation of what they think is the world's first 3D printed replica of a 3,000-year-old Chinese oracle bone.
HP wants to drive the "next industrial revolution" and spark a change in the way products are manufactured with its new 3D printers.
When it comes to 3D printers, you'll be hard-pressed to find good ones for under $US500. The Micro 3D Printer from M3D started as a wildly successful crowdsourcing project, and I can see why. This adorable printer, which will just overlap the palm of...
XYZprinting has launched what it claims is the world’s first all-in-one 3D printer for consumers, and it will soon be available to buy in Australia. The da Vinci 1.0 AiO is capable of not only printing 3D objects, but also scanning them, and will be ...
From cars to houses, 3D printers are changing design technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- This mobile Trojan from China fills your phone with porn apps
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW