Possibly the best low-cost consumer 3D printer, XYZprinting’s inexpensive unit delivers the ability to create good quality models in a short amount of time.
While 3D printer sales are expected to grow over the next four years, the consumer market has failed to take off as fast as expected. The reason? Buyers are still trying to figure out why they’d need a 3D printer all.
Products ranged from UAVs and jet engines to human skull and knee replacements
HP today began taking orders for its new Jet Fusion 3D printer, which it said will revolutionize manufacturing by increasing the speed of parts manufacturing 10-fold while halving costs compared to other 3D printing technologies.
The 3D printing industry is expected to triple its revenue mainly through the consumer electronics and automotive industries, each of which will contribute 20% of total revenue.
Disney has filed a patent for a new 3D printing technique that uses high-intensity light to harden resin into a shape in a single process, unlike traditional 3D printing that uses a layer-by-layer approach.
Seeking to exploit a “late mover advantage” HP says they will be entering the 3D printer market during the third quarter for 2016 with models shipping by the end of 2016. They say they have held back from entering the market until they felt the compa...
A Silicon Valley start-up has launched a 3D printer that is capable of manufacturing limited product runs of up to 45,000 units, making it one of the first machines of its kind on a factory floor.
There's already plenty of angst out there about the prospect of jobs lost to AI, but this week, artists got a fresh reason to be concerned.
Imagine you could use a standard 3D printer to create your next robotic assistant. Just snap in a motor and battery, and it's ready to go. That's precisely the scenario made possible by a new 3D printing technique developed at MIT.
The 3D printing industry topped $US5.1 billion in sales last year, a 26 per cent uptick over the previous year, much of it due to a marked increase in industrial machines.
Researchers from the Cambridge University Library this week announced the creation of what they think is the world's first 3D printed replica of a 3,000-year-old Chinese oracle bone.
HP wants to drive the "next industrial revolution" and spark a change in the way products are manufactured with its new 3D printers.
When it comes to 3D printers, you'll be hard-pressed to find good ones for under $US500. The Micro 3D Printer from M3D started as a wildly successful crowdsourcing project, and I can see why. This adorable printer, which will just overlap the palm of...
XYZprinting has launched what it claims is the world’s first all-in-one 3D printer for consumers, and it will soon be available to buy in Australia. The da Vinci 1.0 AiO is capable of not only printing 3D objects, but also scanning them, and will be ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCSitecore .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCWintel Server SupportACT