Now that we’ve had a chance to look at both the Panasonic VT30 and the Samsung Series 8 D8000 -- the two best plasma televisions that you can buy today -- we’ve put together a quick comparison for anyone trying to choose between them. Don’t take this...
If you're buying a 3D TV, you may as well have some good 3D movies to show on it. We've watched quite a few 3D movies since the format's debut last year, and these ten are our top picks. They all boast great Full HD image quality and good 3D effects ...
3D video is the Next Big Thing – at least, that's the word according to Blu-ray manufacturers like LG, Samsung, Sony and Panasonic. All four vendors have released a suite of 3D-capable Blu-ray players in recent months, such as the LG HR558D, Panasoni...
3D televisions went on sale in Australia several months ago, complete with glitzy launches involving dancing girls, complicated lighting sets and fast-paced music. But have the sales figures delivered on the hype? Are Australians really buying 3D TVs...
The video games industry is about to receive its biggest technological shake-up since it switched from monochrome to colour.
The mainstream availability of 3D TV sets marks a big step forward towards bringing the cinema experience into living rooms. Two of the main players in the Australian 3D TV market are Panasonic with its VT20 plasma TVs and Samsung with the Series 7 L...
After years of anticipation, the 2010 FIFA World Cup is finally set to kick off on 11 June in South Africa. This time around, the tournament is being followed by not only football fans around the world, but also by the global tech community.
With 3D TVs like Samsung's Series 7 (UA55C7000) hitting the market, we decided to take a look back at where it all began: in the 1890s, when British film pioneer William Friese-Greene filed a patent for a 3D movie process. Two films were projected si...
I've read a lot of articles in the last year or so about the new 3D trend in theatrical movies and HDTV, and far too many of them have made the same mistake about the 3D movie craze of the 1950s.
With 2010 FIFA World Cup fever about to overtake the globe, there are plenty of options out there for anyone looking to upgrade to a sizeable flat-screen LCD or plasma television. We run you through a few tips for choosing a television that's suited ...
After months of buzz, 3D television has officially arrived.
Ever since our encounter with Panasonic's first 3D TV in Australia, we have been keen to see what other manufacturers have up their sleeves. It turns out we didn't have to wait long; we got to see Sony's crack at 3D in the living room at the company'...
Sony announced its 2010 range of LCD televisions today, with 10 new series featuring 26 new models.
By now you might have seen Pocahontas 3D (aka Avatar) in the cinemas and stared in awe at the glory of three-dimensional images from a two-dimensional screen. You could have that experience in your own lounge room soon.
Like it or not, 3D HDTV is here, and could make a huge splash in the consumer electronics market over the coming years. It seems like only yesterday when 1080p and 120Hz were the top of the line specs for which our eyes lusted and our wallets despise...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn will help people in India train for semi-skilled jobs
- Microsoft seeks Indian customers with exclusive Skype Lite app
- Optus leverages Huawei partnership to launch first Aussie first 4.5G network
- UPS launches an autonomous drone from a delivery truck
- Redfin CTO says machine learning needs human help
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- FTHRIS ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)QLD
- TPProject ManagerOther
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)VIC
- CCProject Specialist l Large Media Capital Investment ProgramNSW
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD