Australian mobile network operator Telstra has become the first operator to launch a mobile broadband service using HSPA+ at 42M bps (bits per second), it said on Monday.
Smartphones and modems are about to get faster mobile broadband connections -- 14.4M bps (bits per second) and 42M bps, repectively -- using HSPA+ (High Speed Packet Access).
A test of TeliaSonera's LTE (Long Term Evolution) network and its new multimode modem shows the next-generation mobile technology at its best -- delivering speeds at up 59.1M bps (bits per second) -- when used at 2.6GHz. But it also reveals how the t...
Alcatel-Lucent's second-quarter revenue fell 2.4 percent year on year, dragged down by slow sales in fixed-line network equipment and terrestrial optical networks, but the company reduced costs, cutting its operating loss by two-thirds compared to a ...
AT&T is patching software in its network to fix a bug that kept iPhone 4 users from getting the full upstream speed on their handsets.
China has hit back at the European Commission over an investigation into allegations of hardware dumping.
Skype has launched a new version of its client for Apple's iPhone that can make calls to other Skype users over a 3G network, it said on Sunday.
NetComm today launched 'MyZone', a mobile 3G Wi-Fi router that will initially be sold exclusively through official Apple retail stores.
Telstra has announced a reshuffle of its data packs for prepaid mobile phones and will offer more data at a lower cost.
Apple today said that the more expensive iPad models that connect to the Internet using AT&T's wireless network will go on sale April 30 in the US, barely meeting the company's self-imposed deadline to ship the tablet by the end of the month.
2G telephone technology will be phased out completely between 2010-15 to make way for the growing 3G and LTE networks, according to market analyst Ovum.
China now has the iPhone and more big-name smartphones are due in the country, but few buyers overall are choosing smartphones despite promotion by China's mobile carriers.
The two biggest router companies are focusing their attention on mobility this week with products to address operator needs for rich 4G multimedia services.
Apple's pricing for the iPad is "ridiculous," a hardware expert said Wednesday, as he argued that the $130 price difference for models with 3G means buyers of those tablets subsidize the lowest-priced $499 model.
A Wall Street analyst asked about the company's exclusive iPhone deal with AT&T. There is speculation that by the end of the year Apple will end that arrangement and sell the iPhone via additional carriers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW