Australian ISP Internode has launched a battery-operated, portable 3G Wi-Fi modem called MiFi.
The auction of 3G spectrum and operating licenses in India will be held as planned on Jan. 14, the country's Minister of Communications and IT, A. Raja told reporters in Delhi on Monday, according to media reports.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
Backers of two competing specifications for delivering voice over LTE mobile data networks have heralded demonstrations in the past two days, while mobile giant Ericsson apparently dropped its support for one of the systems.
Motorola will start selling a smartphone similar to the Droid in China this month, but the phone will use China's homegrown 3G standard and a China Mobile operating system.
AT&T today released an application for Apple's iPhone that lets customers submit complaints about dropped calls, poor coverage and substandard voice quality.
Telstra yesterday launched the BigPond Elite Network Gateway, which is claimed to be the fastest device of its type in Australia.
If Motorola's Milestone, a new GSM handset being introduced in Europe, looks familiar, there is a reason. It is a Droid with a different radio deck. It is also Europe's first Android 2.0 handset.
Nokia announced its first smartphone for China Mobile's 3G network on Tuesday.
The nature of mobile phone use in Australia is changing, with handsets increasingly used for more than just making voice calls and sending SMS messages according to a new study. Seventy seven per cent of people surveyed for the 2009 Australian Mobile...
The Nokia Booklet 3G netbook will ship with Windows 7 and cost €575 (US$816) before subsidies and taxes, Nokia announced on Wednesday at its World conference in Stuttgart, Germany.
Vodafone Australia announced the expansion of its 3G network today, claiming it now covers 94 per cent of Australia's population.
Nokia has unveiled the Booklet 3G, a netbook with high-speed mobile broadband and Wi-Fi connectivity, and a GPS receiver, the company said on Monday. The Booklet 3G should run for up to 12 hours on one battery charge, Nokia said. It weighs 1.25 kilog...
Nearly one half billion people subscribed to China Mobile cellular services last month, but the giant’s efforts to promote a Chinese 3G standard have made little headway.
Vodafone Australia has cut pricing for its prepaid mobile broadband service
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Future Intel CPUs could be cobbled together using different parts
- US House votes to undo broadband privacy rules
- Intel digs deep to keep Moore's Law alive
- China devotes US$22 billion to domestic chip industry expansion
- Excel for Windows finally gets real-time collaboration
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- FTProgram Learning Capability Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD
- CCUnix/Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- CCInside Sales ConsultantNSW
- FTChief Architect - Principal ArchitectVIC
- FTETL Informatica DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager -Wealth/Funds Management SoftwareVIC