Australian ISP Internode has launched a battery-operated, portable 3G Wi-Fi modem called MiFi.
The auction of 3G spectrum and operating licenses in India will be held as planned on Jan. 14, the country's Minister of Communications and IT, A. Raja told reporters in Delhi on Monday, according to media reports.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
Backers of two competing specifications for delivering voice over LTE mobile data networks have heralded demonstrations in the past two days, while mobile giant Ericsson apparently dropped its support for one of the systems.
Motorola will start selling a smartphone similar to the Droid in China this month, but the phone will use China's homegrown 3G standard and a China Mobile operating system.
AT&T today released an application for Apple's iPhone that lets customers submit complaints about dropped calls, poor coverage and substandard voice quality.
Telstra yesterday launched the BigPond Elite Network Gateway, which is claimed to be the fastest device of its type in Australia.
If Motorola's Milestone, a new GSM handset being introduced in Europe, looks familiar, there is a reason. It is a Droid with a different radio deck. It is also Europe's first Android 2.0 handset.
Nokia announced its first smartphone for China Mobile's 3G network on Tuesday.
The nature of mobile phone use in Australia is changing, with handsets increasingly used for more than just making voice calls and sending SMS messages according to a new study. Seventy seven per cent of people surveyed for the 2009 Australian Mobile...
The Nokia Booklet 3G netbook will ship with Windows 7 and cost €575 (US$816) before subsidies and taxes, Nokia announced on Wednesday at its World conference in Stuttgart, Germany.
Vodafone Australia announced the expansion of its 3G network today, claiming it now covers 94 per cent of Australia's population.
Nokia has unveiled the Booklet 3G, a netbook with high-speed mobile broadband and Wi-Fi connectivity, and a GPS receiver, the company said on Monday. The Booklet 3G should run for up to 12 hours on one battery charge, Nokia said. It weighs 1.25 kilog...
Nearly one half billion people subscribed to China Mobile cellular services last month, but the giant’s efforts to promote a Chinese 3G standard have made little headway.
Vodafone Australia has cut pricing for its prepaid mobile broadband service
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT