Australian ISP Internode has launched a battery-operated, portable 3G Wi-Fi modem called MiFi.
The auction of 3G spectrum and operating licenses in India will be held as planned on Jan. 14, the country's Minister of Communications and IT, A. Raja told reporters in Delhi on Monday, according to media reports.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
Backers of two competing specifications for delivering voice over LTE mobile data networks have heralded demonstrations in the past two days, while mobile giant Ericsson apparently dropped its support for one of the systems.
Motorola will start selling a smartphone similar to the Droid in China this month, but the phone will use China's homegrown 3G standard and a China Mobile operating system.
AT&T today released an application for Apple's iPhone that lets customers submit complaints about dropped calls, poor coverage and substandard voice quality.
Telstra yesterday launched the BigPond Elite Network Gateway, which is claimed to be the fastest device of its type in Australia.
If Motorola's Milestone, a new GSM handset being introduced in Europe, looks familiar, there is a reason. It is a Droid with a different radio deck. It is also Europe's first Android 2.0 handset.
Nokia announced its first smartphone for China Mobile's 3G network on Tuesday.
The nature of mobile phone use in Australia is changing, with handsets increasingly used for more than just making voice calls and sending SMS messages according to a new study. Seventy seven per cent of people surveyed for the 2009 Australian Mobile...
The Nokia Booklet 3G netbook will ship with Windows 7 and cost €575 (US$816) before subsidies and taxes, Nokia announced on Wednesday at its World conference in Stuttgart, Germany.
Vodafone Australia announced the expansion of its 3G network today, claiming it now covers 94 per cent of Australia's population.
Nokia has unveiled the Booklet 3G, a netbook with high-speed mobile broadband and Wi-Fi connectivity, and a GPS receiver, the company said on Monday. The Booklet 3G should run for up to 12 hours on one battery charge, Nokia said. It weighs 1.25 kilog...
Nearly one half billion people subscribed to China Mobile cellular services last month, but the giant’s efforts to promote a Chinese 3G standard have made little headway.
Vodafone Australia has cut pricing for its prepaid mobile broadband service
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management FrameworkNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTGeneral Manager - Software Development & ITVIC
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- FTBackup Engineer with Commvault ExperienceNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT