Though not as dramatic as the moon landing that took place 40 years ago Monday, a phone call over a satellite launched earlier this month was the first for a system that may dramatically expand mobile voice and data coverage in the U.S. and Canada.
Vodafone is making a device designed to improve mobile signal in the home available to consumers in the UK.
AT&T says its trial selling netbooks in company stories in a couple of cities has been successful so it will begin selling the small laptops nationwide in a few months, the company said on Tuesday.
Vodafone will tomorrow launch its upgraded mobile 3G network to improve coverage under-served regional areas.
Lenovo expects to release laptops to the Australian market with built-in disabling technology by June this year. Users will be able to phone their laptop in order to stop it from being used.
In a move designed to life uptake of its mobile broadband and 3G mobile services, Hutchison owned 3 Mobile has announced it has boosted 3G coverage and cut the rate of its roaming charges.
Apple seems to be laying the groundwork to introduce high-capacity, low-power 802.11n Wi-Fi to the iPod Touch, and presumably to its 3G-enabled companion, the iPhone.
Ericsson said it will demonstrate the fastest 3G wireless performance ever at this week's CTIA Wireless trade show in Las Vegas.
Vodafone Australia has announced its rural high speed 3G network will go live during the first week in May 2009.
For millions of people a trip in their cars means tuning into local radio. But what if you're traveling and want to catch a station from back home? FM stations don't reach more than about a hundred kilometers, so on long journeys you're usually out o...
The NSW government has spent more than $5 million issuing police with portable digital fingerprint scanners to stop criminals weaseling out of fines, arrest warrants, court appearances and breaches of bail.
Telstra has launched what it claims is the world’s fastest mobile broadband service, with peak download speeds of 21Mbps and with the intention of increasing it to 42Mbps later this year.
Vodafone has announced it will form a 50-50 joint venture company with rival mobile carrier Hutchison Whampoa, owner of the “3” brand, and offer services under the new name VHA.
After the approval of the issuance of 3G licenses earlier this year, China confirms it will invest RMB 400 billion ($US58.82 billion) in 3G over the next three years.
China's State Council has finally given its nod to the issuance of the long-awaited 3G licenses.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication ArchitectQLD
- FTSoftware Tech Lead - C++ Back Office Trading SystemsNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCTest Manager with PV Security ClearanceACT
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorSA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce Marketing Cloud ConsultantVIC
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperWA
- FTSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- TP.Net Software DeveloperQLD
- FTSystem EngineersVIC
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD