Though not as dramatic as the moon landing that took place 40 years ago Monday, a phone call over a satellite launched earlier this month was the first for a system that may dramatically expand mobile voice and data coverage in the U.S. and Canada.
Vodafone is making a device designed to improve mobile signal in the home available to consumers in the UK.
AT&T says its trial selling netbooks in company stories in a couple of cities has been successful so it will begin selling the small laptops nationwide in a few months, the company said on Tuesday.
Vodafone will tomorrow launch its upgraded mobile 3G network to improve coverage under-served regional areas.
Lenovo expects to release laptops to the Australian market with built-in disabling technology by June this year. Users will be able to phone their laptop in order to stop it from being used.
In a move designed to life uptake of its mobile broadband and 3G mobile services, Hutchison owned 3 Mobile has announced it has boosted 3G coverage and cut the rate of its roaming charges.
Apple seems to be laying the groundwork to introduce high-capacity, low-power 802.11n Wi-Fi to the iPod Touch, and presumably to its 3G-enabled companion, the iPhone.
Ericsson said it will demonstrate the fastest 3G wireless performance ever at this week's CTIA Wireless trade show in Las Vegas.
Vodafone Australia has announced its rural high speed 3G network will go live during the first week in May 2009.
For millions of people a trip in their cars means tuning into local radio. But what if you're traveling and want to catch a station from back home? FM stations don't reach more than about a hundred kilometers, so on long journeys you're usually out o...
The NSW government has spent more than $5 million issuing police with portable digital fingerprint scanners to stop criminals weaseling out of fines, arrest warrants, court appearances and breaches of bail.
Telstra has launched what it claims is the world’s fastest mobile broadband service, with peak download speeds of 21Mbps and with the intention of increasing it to 42Mbps later this year.
Vodafone has announced it will form a 50-50 joint venture company with rival mobile carrier Hutchison Whampoa, owner of the “3” brand, and offer services under the new name VHA.
After the approval of the issuance of 3G licenses earlier this year, China confirms it will invest RMB 400 billion ($US58.82 billion) in 3G over the next three years.
China's State Council has finally given its nod to the issuance of the long-awaited 3G licenses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC