Standards for the next generation of cellular technology that will support multigigabit bandwidths are yet to be finalised and commercial deployments in Australian networks are unlikely before 2021, but Ericsson has announced upgrades to 4G networks ...
Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
Kogan Mobile is improving its service for all of its new and existing customers, with the company confirming that it will switch on 4G services for all customers by June, with no increase in prices.
Optus has partnered with Uber to bring in-car 4G Wi-Fi for selected Uber vehicles.
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
Vodafone has made enhancements to its 4G network for areas of regional New South Wales and the ACT.
Vodafone’s upcoming $130 Red plan will come with 15GB of data, but people who sign up before 3 November will have their allowance bumped to 20GB — that’s double the allowance of the company’s most generous plan to date.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will decide this week which mobile carriers will control billions of dollars worth of prime wireless spectrum scheduled to be auctioned next year.
Telstra has released a 4G mobile broadband hotspot intended for use in cars.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
Finnish company Uros has launched an LTE version of its wireless hotspot that can be equipped with 10 SIM cards to make roaming abroad easier.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
The number of LTE subscriptions will pass 1 billion before the end of the year, prompting operators to invest in technologies such as small cells to keep up.
It's been two years since Google first disclosed Project Loon, and while the company continues to keep most details of the project secret, the technology and challenges behind it are slowly coming into focus.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC