Customers of another five telcos that use Vodafone’s network will be soon be able to access 4G services, the company announced today.
Standards for the next generation of cellular technology that will support multigigabit bandwidths are yet to be finalised and commercial deployments in Australian networks are unlikely before 2021, but Ericsson has announced upgrades to 4G networks ...
Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
Kogan Mobile is improving its service for all of its new and existing customers, with the company confirming that it will switch on 4G services for all customers by June, with no increase in prices.
Optus has partnered with Uber to bring in-car 4G Wi-Fi for selected Uber vehicles.
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
Vodafone has made enhancements to its 4G network for areas of regional New South Wales and the ACT.
Vodafone’s upcoming $130 Red plan will come with 15GB of data, but people who sign up before 3 November will have their allowance bumped to 20GB — that’s double the allowance of the company’s most generous plan to date.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will decide this week which mobile carriers will control billions of dollars worth of prime wireless spectrum scheduled to be auctioned next year.
Telstra has released a 4G mobile broadband hotspot intended for use in cars.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
Finnish company Uros has launched an LTE version of its wireless hotspot that can be equipped with 10 SIM cards to make roaming abroad easier.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
The number of LTE subscriptions will pass 1 billion before the end of the year, prompting operators to invest in technologies such as small cells to keep up.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC