Qualcomm and Cisco Systems have started developing small cells customised for enterprises, which will be able to use the products to improve indoor wireless network coverage for their employees.
Heavy broadband users should help shoulder the cost of their traffic, but Verizon Communications does not give preferential treatment to some Web traffic, the company's CEO said Monday.
The big news from Nokia at Mobile World Congress was its Android-based X family, but the company also launched the Nokia 220 feature phone and the Asha 230.
Orange is hoping its latest branded smartphone, the Gova, will help make its LTE networks more popular.
Faster and more flexible mobile networks enabled by small cells, virtualization and next-generation LTE are expected to highlight infrastructure trends at Mobile World Congress next week.
Alcatel-Lucent is betting big on operators wanting to virtualize their mobile networks using NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) technology, in order to become more nimble and less reliant on proprietary hardware.
Vodafone's subscribers will soon be able to roam using their smartphones and tablets via LTE networks in 18 countries, including the U.K., Germany and France.
European operators that want to offer their enterprise customers PTT (push-to-talk) services can turn to Ericsson and Kodiak Networks, which have launched a hosted platform they can use.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has passed legislation that would prohibit mobile phone users from making voice calls during airline flights, despite a U.S. Federal Communications Commission move to allow in-flight calls.
Telecommunications provider, Vodafone, has switched on its 4G network in Canberra, more than eight months after its initial Australian launch in July last year.
Consumers will soon be able to buy LTE smartphones powered by a processor with eight cores for between US$200 and $300 without subsidies, thanks to MediaTek's latest SoC (system-on-a-chip).
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to allow telecom carriers to run trials with Internet Protocol networks replacing traditional, copper-based telephone systems.
Telecommunications giant, Optus, has wrapped up its five-year 3G network upgrade program, having moved 4400 mobile sites across Australia to the 900MHz spectrum.
For enterprises that are thinking about switching from fixed to wireless Internet access, Sierra Wireless has launched the AirLink ES440 LTE gateway.
Telecommunications provider, Vodafone, has launched two new mobile broadband devices which will be compatible with its20MHz 4G network in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPSenior Network Engineer (Newcastle Based)NSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSystem EngineerVIC