Qualcomm and Cisco Systems have started developing small cells customised for enterprises, which will be able to use the products to improve indoor wireless network coverage for their employees.
Heavy broadband users should help shoulder the cost of their traffic, but Verizon Communications does not give preferential treatment to some Web traffic, the company's CEO said Monday.
The big news from Nokia at Mobile World Congress was its Android-based X family, but the company also launched the Nokia 220 feature phone and the Asha 230.
Orange is hoping its latest branded smartphone, the Gova, will help make its LTE networks more popular.
Faster and more flexible mobile networks enabled by small cells, virtualization and next-generation LTE are expected to highlight infrastructure trends at Mobile World Congress next week.
Alcatel-Lucent is betting big on operators wanting to virtualize their mobile networks using NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) technology, in order to become more nimble and less reliant on proprietary hardware.
Vodafone's subscribers will soon be able to roam using their smartphones and tablets via LTE networks in 18 countries, including the U.K., Germany and France.
European operators that want to offer their enterprise customers PTT (push-to-talk) services can turn to Ericsson and Kodiak Networks, which have launched a hosted platform they can use.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has passed legislation that would prohibit mobile phone users from making voice calls during airline flights, despite a U.S. Federal Communications Commission move to allow in-flight calls.
Telecommunications provider, Vodafone, has switched on its 4G network in Canberra, more than eight months after its initial Australian launch in July last year.
Consumers will soon be able to buy LTE smartphones powered by a processor with eight cores for between US$200 and $300 without subsidies, thanks to MediaTek's latest SoC (system-on-a-chip).
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to allow telecom carriers to run trials with Internet Protocol networks replacing traditional, copper-based telephone systems.
Telecommunications giant, Optus, has wrapped up its five-year 3G network upgrade program, having moved 4400 mobile sites across Australia to the 900MHz spectrum.
For enterprises that are thinking about switching from fixed to wireless Internet access, Sierra Wireless has launched the AirLink ES440 LTE gateway.
Telecommunications provider, Vodafone, has launched two new mobile broadband devices which will be compatible with its20MHz 4G network in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW