Heavy broadband users should help shoulder the cost of their traffic, but Verizon Communications does not give preferential treatment to some Web traffic, the company's CEO said Monday.
The big news from Nokia at Mobile World Congress was its Android-based X family, but the company also launched the Nokia 220 feature phone and the Asha 230.
Orange is hoping its latest branded smartphone, the Gova, will help make its LTE networks more popular.
Faster and more flexible mobile networks enabled by small cells, virtualization and next-generation LTE are expected to highlight infrastructure trends at Mobile World Congress next week.
Alcatel-Lucent is betting big on operators wanting to virtualize their mobile networks using NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) technology, in order to become more nimble and less reliant on proprietary hardware.
Vodafone's subscribers will soon be able to roam using their smartphones and tablets via LTE networks in 18 countries, including the U.K., Germany and France.
European operators that want to offer their enterprise customers PTT (push-to-talk) services can turn to Ericsson and Kodiak Networks, which have launched a hosted platform they can use.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has passed legislation that would prohibit mobile phone users from making voice calls during airline flights, despite a U.S. Federal Communications Commission move to allow in-flight calls.
Telecommunications provider, Vodafone, has switched on its 4G network in Canberra, more than eight months after its initial Australian launch in July last year.
Consumers will soon be able to buy LTE smartphones powered by a processor with eight cores for between US$200 and $300 without subsidies, thanks to MediaTek's latest SoC (system-on-a-chip).
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to allow telecom carriers to run trials with Internet Protocol networks replacing traditional, copper-based telephone systems.
Telecommunications giant, Optus, has wrapped up its five-year 3G network upgrade program, having moved 4400 mobile sites across Australia to the 900MHz spectrum.
For enterprises that are thinking about switching from fixed to wireless Internet access, Sierra Wireless has launched the AirLink ES440 LTE gateway.
Telecommunications provider, Vodafone, has launched two new mobile broadband devices which will be compatible with its20MHz 4G network in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
The former Director General of the World Trade Organization is to head up a new group looking at the future use of TV broadcast spectrum across the European Union.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google’s Sundar Pichai has been hacked - which CEO will be next?
- EU is preparing adwords antitrust complaint against Google
- Bart ransomware shows it can be effective without sophisticated encryption
- Use Android apps on HP's upcoming $189 Chromebook 11 G5
- IRS kills electronic filing PIN feature due to repeated attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia