Thumb-size PCs like Intel's Compute Stick are still a novelty, but adoption will grow as TVs and displays increasingly become the center of entertainment and computing.
The number of LTE subscriptions will pass 1 billion before the end of the year, prompting operators to invest in technologies such as small cells to keep up.
More than two-thirds of the world's Wi-Fi hotspots are in the Asia-Pacific region, partly because of huge deployments by mobile operators in China, and the number of hotspots worldwide is expected to more than double by 2018.
Samsung has appointed a new head of its design team less than a month after the Galaxy S5 went on sale, a change that hints the company has finally taken years of negative feedback to heart.
Rumoured Apple iPhone 5C to lead budget phone charge that will account for half of all smartphone sales by 2018.
Emerging technologies for 4G LTE networks are expected to make rapid advances over the next few years, helping mobile networks keep up with data growth and bringing more users worldwide into the LTE fold.
145 million tablets will ship worldwide in this year, with increasingly affordable devices and greater adoption in business but little device innovation.
New market data from ABI Research suggests that the power of Apple’s once-dominant smartphone is waning. Even the arrival of the iPhone 5 may cause only a temporary resurgence for the iOS smartphone.
Research In Motion introduced a common platform for smartphones, the PlayBook tablet and embedded systems under the QNX operating system on Tuesday, calling it BBX.
The Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks led to scores of changes in how U.S. residents live and do business, and the IT industry was not spared.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer today promised that the company would continue to develop and support Skype on rival platforms.
Mobile data users still overwhelmingly prefer USB modems for keeping PCs and other devices connected on the go, but they may turn more to built-in cellular radios and portable Wi-Fi hotspots over the next five years, according to ABI Research.
302 million smartphones shipped in 2010, up 71 percent on 2009 shipment levels.
According to figures released today by ABI Research, Android will be on 45 per cent of smartphones shipped in the year 2016, as it will take up most of the market share vacated by the soon-to-be-defunct Symbian operating system. Although Android will...
The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has been busy certifying hardware, with more than 9,000 consumer electronics products receiving its stamp of approval. Now its software certification is the spur to new growth in home media networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump hotel chain fined over data breaches
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
- Why you want Google's Allo
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA