We tested a stack of USB-C charging laptops and surprise: They finally work! (Mostly).
Microsoft is spreading the love with its mixed reality platform and will bring it to consoles in 2018.
The Acer XR382CQK monitor offers gamers every luxury with a 38-inch, curved ultrawide display and AMD's FreeSync technology.
Acer's Predator 21 X is a gaming laptop designed to stare down gaming desktops by packing powerful components into its 8.8-pound bulk. It's also the only laptop with a curved display.
Thin may be in, but you can get more bang for your buck.
There's never been a notebook slimmer than the Acer Swift 7.
Acer recently announced a string of new devices for the fall including a healthy emphasis on convertible laptops.
Acer's Swift 7 narrowly wins at just 9.98 mm compared to the 10.4-mm HP Spectre 13.3. A Kaby Lake CPU and SSD squeeze into its slender shell.
Acer's Predator 21 X is stuffed with cutting-edge tech: a curved screen, a Kaby Lake CPU, and even Tobii eye-tracking. Dual GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI mean it's ready for the most intensive gameplay.
Acer recently revealed its online store was the victim of a data breach that lasted nearly a year.
Acer is firing on all cylinders with its powerful new Predator gaming PCs, which can also provide the processing power for virtual reality headsets.
One wouldn't typically imagine liquid cooling in a tablet, but Acer has pulled it off with its latest Switch Alpha 12.
Acer's new 24-inch Chromebase for meetings is the luxury model for small team video conferencing.
Lenovo has restructured its operations as part of a management shakeup, and some interesting names have been promoted.
Acer has launched the world’s first Chromebase all‐in‐one desktop with Intel processors at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSocial Media Officer- SEO, mobile, analytics and reporting toolNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- TPApplication Support EngineerQLD
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Health experience requiredNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- FTConsultant - Warehouse/ LogisticsVIC