A flood of computer tablets is scheduled to hit the market in the next few months, but can any of them cut into iPad's market share?
Microsoft may be looking to add to its existing patent infringement case related to the use of Google's Android mobile phone software by targeting phone makers in Taiwan, according to a Chinese-language news report.
Apple jumped into the third spot in U.S. sales for the third quarter, in part because of the "halo" effect from its iPad tablet, industry research firm IDC said today.
Hard on the heels of the news last week of Acer's dual-booting netbooks, Augen has announced that one of its six forthcoming tablets will run both Android and Ubuntu.
In what will surely provide a boost to Google's Android platform outside the smartphone arena, computer maker Acer reportedly announced on Wednesday that all of its upcoming dual-core netbooks will run both Android and Windows 7.
Acer and ASUS DVRs powered by the Intel Atom C4100 processor have been shown at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco.
Acer is working on a dual-touchscreen multitouch laptop with no physical keyboard or mouse that would be available by fall 2011, according to several reports. Instead of using physical inputs, one touchscreen would function as the display and one wou...
Acer today unveiled its range of Google Android-powered smartphones in the Australian market, but has not partnered with any carriers for the local launch.
Online retailers have started selling netbooks with Intel's new dual-core Atom processor, ahead of official product announcements from PC makers.
PC shipments increased in Western Europe by 19.6 percent in the second quarter of this year compared to the same period in 2009, quickly recovering from the economic slowdown, according to analyst Gartner.
A shortage of the main memory chips used in personal computers could send prices of the chips higher in the second half of this year, market researcher iSuppli warned on Monday
Acer's latest crack at combining Google's Android mobile software and Microsoft's Windows XP OS in the same netbook was unveiled at a computer show in Taipei on Thursday.
Acer, one of the world's top three PC vendors, reported a decline in revenue in the second quarter compared to the first quarter as the value of the euro fell.
Want to make Apple an overnight success in the portable PC market? Just lump iPad and MacBook sales into one category, and the company jumps from the seventh to the third largest portable computer manufacturer worldwide.
The race for the No. 2 spot among PC vendors may be to close to call, with analyst firms disagreeing over whether or not Dell lagged behind rival Acer during the second quarter.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCERP LeadWA
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCSenior PHP DeveloperNSW