In what will surely provide a boost to Google's Android platform outside the smartphone arena, computer maker Acer reportedly announced on Wednesday that all of its upcoming dual-core netbooks will run both Android and Windows 7.
Acer and ASUS DVRs powered by the Intel Atom C4100 processor have been shown at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco.
Acer is working on a dual-touchscreen multitouch laptop with no physical keyboard or mouse that would be available by fall 2011, according to several reports. Instead of using physical inputs, one touchscreen would function as the display and one wou...
Acer today unveiled its range of Google Android-powered smartphones in the Australian market, but has not partnered with any carriers for the local launch.
Online retailers have started selling netbooks with Intel's new dual-core Atom processor, ahead of official product announcements from PC makers.
PC shipments increased in Western Europe by 19.6 percent in the second quarter of this year compared to the same period in 2009, quickly recovering from the economic slowdown, according to analyst Gartner.
A shortage of the main memory chips used in personal computers could send prices of the chips higher in the second half of this year, market researcher iSuppli warned on Monday
Acer's latest crack at combining Google's Android mobile software and Microsoft's Windows XP OS in the same netbook was unveiled at a computer show in Taipei on Thursday.
Acer, one of the world's top three PC vendors, reported a decline in revenue in the second quarter compared to the first quarter as the value of the euro fell.
Want to make Apple an overnight success in the portable PC market? Just lump iPad and MacBook sales into one category, and the company jumps from the seventh to the third largest portable computer manufacturer worldwide.
The race for the No. 2 spot among PC vendors may be to close to call, with analyst firms disagreeing over whether or not Dell lagged behind rival Acer during the second quarter.
Dell recovered its second-place spot in worldwide PC shipments during the second quarter, edging out Acer as corporate PC sales gained steam, IDC said on Wednesday.
The days of having to use a different power supply unit (PSU) for every laptop could be drawing to a close with reports that the IEEE industry body is looking at the possibility of a universal standard.
Acer on Friday announced new netbooks based on chips from Advanced Micro Devices, a win for the chip company's efforts to grab market share from rival Intel.
Echoing earlier research, a report from iSuppli shows that worldwide PC shipments hit record growth in the first quarter of this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controlling the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT