Desktop devices running Chrome OS haven't exactly found much traction, but that hasn't stopped Acer from developing an all-in-one PC built for the Google operating system.
Acer is pumping more horsepower into its Chromebook C910 with an optional Intel Core i5 processor based on the Broadwell architecture.
Acer didn't embrace Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1 OS for smartphones, but it's really warming up to Windows 10.
Acer is getting a head-start on Windows 10, releasing a new smartphone that comes with Windows Phone 8.1 but which it promises will be upgradeable to the new OS when it arrives later this year.
Acer is targeting students and teachers two Chromebooks, one a 15.6-inch laptop, the other a 11.6-inch model, that are built to withstand repeated use in the school environment.
Acer is supersizing chromebooks, offering the world's first Chrome OS laptop with a 15.6-inch screen.
Wanting to spice up its PC convertibles, Acer has come out with a device that can take on five different shapes with the help of a flexible kickstand and a detachable wireless keyboard.
Acer has posted the highest level of growth among top PC makers, recording double digit growth despite a 1.4 per cent overall decline.
Computer company Acer is increasing its investment in Google’s ecosystem with the release of four Chrome devices, each one priced less than $400.
For a company once devoted to consumer PCs, the product is a bit out of left field, but Acer announced an upcoming telephoning and chatting system meant for enterprises, at a time when the company is diversifying its business.
The newest addition to Acer’s 2-in-1 range comes in the form of a run-of-the-mill Windows 8.1 hybrid tablet with detachable keyboard, the third-generation Aspire Switch 10, which is targeted at education and business.
Acer's latest low-cost 8-inch tablets come in both Android and Windows flavors.
Taiwanese PC maker Acer is bringing Google's Chrome operating system to desktops with a new unit that will arrive in the U.S. next month.
Acer is cranking up graphics in its latest Chromebook 13, a 13.3-inch laptop that has an processor capable of rendering 4K video.
Struggling PC maker Acer is showing signs of recovery with its report of improved profits in the second quarter, albeit on a smaller revenue base than a year earlier.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
- Severe vulnerability in Cisco's WebEx extension for Chrome leaves PCs open to easy attack
- D-Wave's $15 million quantum computer runs a staggering 2,000 qubits
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- CCAccessability TesterNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCAccessability TesterVIC
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC