Acer reported another net loss at NT$7.6 billion ($US251 million) for the fourth quarter, as senior executives at the struggling PC maker agreed to a 30 per cent cut to their salaries.
More PC makers are bringing Android to desktops as users increasingly turn to the Internet for apps, storage and entertainment.
It's official: The notebook computer can now see as well as take your picture. Meet the Intel RealSense 3D camera.
Acer's going beyond conventional high-definition with its latest all-in-one PC, which at a list price of US$1,099.99, is one of the most expensive Android devices available.
Chromebooks are gaining popularity at the expense of Windows machines, and Acer is cashing in with a touchscreen laptop based on Google's Chrome OS.
Taiwanese computer maker Acer has named Jason Chen, vice president of worldwide sales and marketing at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, as its new president and CEO, effective Jan. 1.
In its first move since ordering a company reorganization, Acer said it is focusing more on software and services to revive its struggling PC business. But analysts expect the company to face a tough road with its new direction, at a time when rivals...
Acer wanted to make the Aspire Z3-600 all-in-one PC easy to move around, so it integrated a battery into the computer.
Acer will have to choose new leaders with expertise in tablets and brand-building to shed its reputation as a low-end seller of notebooks, analysts said.
Acer announced the first Chromebook laptop with a touchscreen for US$299.99, which is about $100 more than the company's cheapest non-touch model.
Acer's upcoming CEO has abruptly resigned from the troubled PC maker, in a surprise move that will result in founder Stan Shih temporarily taking over leadership.
Acer is trying to push down the prices of Chromebooks, announcing a new laptop with Chrome OS priced at US$199.99.
Best known for its low-cost laptops, Acer doesn't really inspire thoughts of premium products. But building high-end hardware could be the Taiwanese vendor's best shot as it looks for a way to rescue its struggling business.
Acer CEO J.T. Wang is resigning from his post at the Taiwanese PC maker and will be replaced by president Jim Wong as part of a corporate restructuring that will try to revitalize the company's sagging fortunes.
If you've been keeping abreast of the Windows tablet market, Acer's Iconia W4 will sound very familiar.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
- Windows tablets available for under $100
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
- Opera pitches all-you-can-eat app stores to mobile operators
- Apple-IBM products in November? Not quite
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW