More PC makers are bringing Android to desktops as users increasingly turn to the Internet for apps, storage and entertainment.
It's official: The notebook computer can now see as well as take your picture. Meet the Intel RealSense 3D camera.
Acer's going beyond conventional high-definition with its latest all-in-one PC, which at a list price of US$1,099.99, is one of the most expensive Android devices available.
Chromebooks are gaining popularity at the expense of Windows machines, and Acer is cashing in with a touchscreen laptop based on Google's Chrome OS.
Taiwanese computer maker Acer has named Jason Chen, vice president of worldwide sales and marketing at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, as its new president and CEO, effective Jan. 1.
In its first move since ordering a company reorganization, Acer said it is focusing more on software and services to revive its struggling PC business. But analysts expect the company to face a tough road with its new direction, at a time when rivals...
Acer wanted to make the Aspire Z3-600 all-in-one PC easy to move around, so it integrated a battery into the computer.
Acer will have to choose new leaders with expertise in tablets and brand-building to shed its reputation as a low-end seller of notebooks, analysts said.
Acer announced the first Chromebook laptop with a touchscreen for US$299.99, which is about $100 more than the company's cheapest non-touch model.
Acer's upcoming CEO has abruptly resigned from the troubled PC maker, in a surprise move that will result in founder Stan Shih temporarily taking over leadership.
Acer is trying to push down the prices of Chromebooks, announcing a new laptop with Chrome OS priced at US$199.99.
Best known for its low-cost laptops, Acer doesn't really inspire thoughts of premium products. But building high-end hardware could be the Taiwanese vendor's best shot as it looks for a way to rescue its struggling business.
Acer CEO J.T. Wang is resigning from his post at the Taiwanese PC maker and will be replaced by president Jim Wong as part of a corporate restructuring that will try to revitalize the company's sagging fortunes.
If you've been keeping abreast of the Windows tablet market, Acer's Iconia W4 will sound very familiar.
Acer's much anticipated Iconia W4 tablet with Windows 8.1 will be available this month starting at US$329.99 with 32GB of storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Oppo R5: World's thinnest phone at 4.85mm coming to Australia
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW