After three consecutive quarters of net losses, PC maker Acer has reported a profit in this year's first quarter on better control of costs.
After six months as Acer's chairman, company co-founder Stan Shih plans to step down on June 18, saying he is satisfied with the PC maker's new direction.
Jason Chen has been Acer's CEO for about 100 days, but he's already making major changes at the company as he boosts efforts to diversify beyond PCs and turn around years of financial and operational instability.
Acer's dual-purpose Aspire Switch 10 can function as a Windows 8 tablet and laptop, but the shape-shifting product's uniqueness is in its magnetic keyboard base, an element not found on other hybrid devices.
Acer is entering the wearable market with a fitness-tracking smartband for use with mobile devices.
Acer has given a fresh look to detachable hybrids with its magnetic Aspire Switch 10 tablet, which it showed off at an event on Tuesday, where it also demonstrated what it says is the fastest Chromebook yet.
Dell, Toshiba, Acer, Lenovo and ASUS battle it out for supremacy in the market for low-cost tablets pre-installed with Microsoft Office
PC sales in Western Europe have risen after 13 consecutive quarters of decline, according to market research company Gartner. The market research company said government spending and the replacement of machines running Windows XP contributed to the g...
The looming threat of running an unsupported OS wasn't enough to save PC shipments from continuing their slide in the first quarter.
The new A1-830 tablet ticks all of the right boxes for people interested in a functional tablet sporting the sub 8-inch form factor. The tablet sports a 7.9-in, 1024x768 resolution screen at a 4:3 screen ratio; a ratio deal for web browsing and readi...
Acer reported another net loss at NT$7.6 billion ($US251 million) for the fourth quarter, as senior executives at the struggling PC maker agreed to a 30 per cent cut to their salaries.
More PC makers are bringing Android to desktops as users increasingly turn to the Internet for apps, storage and entertainment.
It's official: The notebook computer can now see as well as take your picture. Meet the Intel RealSense 3D camera.
Acer's going beyond conventional high-definition with its latest all-in-one PC, which at a list price of US$1,099.99, is one of the most expensive Android devices available.
Chromebooks are gaining popularity at the expense of Windows machines, and Acer is cashing in with a touchscreen laptop based on Google's Chrome OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia