Acer named one of its co-founders, George Huang, to the post of company chairman as the Taiwanese PC maker battles to become a force in mobile devices and software.
The future of wearables is still anyone's guess. But at this year's Computex show, more Taiwanese vendors are embracing the gadgets, and hoping to bring some clarity to a market that could lift the local tech industry.
Visitors don't have to walk far to find wearables at Computex, the big IT trade show taking place in Taipei this week. Dozens of companies from Taiwan and China are showcasing first-generation products -- a big change from last year when they got alm...
Google is bringing its Chromebooks to nine more countries around the world, and it's heralding their arrival with a flourish of verse.
If you want a higher-end Android tablet than can rival the iPad mini, take a look at Acer's Iconia Tab 8, set to arrive in the third quarter. We checked one out ahead of Computex in Taipei on Saturday and came away reasonably impressed with a device ...
Acer has disclosed a few more details about its first wearable: the wristband is called the Liquid Leap, and it will ship as a package deal with the high-end Liquid Jade Android smartphone starting in the third quarter.
Taiwanese PC maker Acer is rolling out an 8-inch Android tablet, set to arrive in the third quarter.
Taiwanese PC maker Acer has made another big push into the smartphone market, and unveiled four new models under its "Liquid" brand that will arrive in the third quarter.
Acer's "Build Your Own Cloud" service will start rolling out to consumers in late June with a suite of updated apps that will work on mobile devices and PCs, including devices from other companies.
Traditionally viewed as a geek's paradise, the Computex trade show will turn into a battlefield for the body next week.
After three consecutive quarters of net losses, PC maker Acer has reported a profit in this year's first quarter on better control of costs.
After six months as Acer's chairman, company co-founder Stan Shih plans to step down on June 18, saying he is satisfied with the PC maker's new direction.
Jason Chen has been Acer's CEO for about 100 days, but he's already making major changes at the company as he boosts efforts to diversify beyond PCs and turn around years of financial and operational instability.
Acer's dual-purpose Aspire Switch 10 can function as a Windows 8 tablet and laptop, but the shape-shifting product's uniqueness is in its magnetic keyboard base, an element not found on other hybrid devices.
Acer is entering the wearable market with a fitness-tracking smartband for use with mobile devices.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW