More PC makers are bringing Android to desktops as users increasingly turn to the Internet for apps, storage and entertainment.
It's official: The notebook computer can now see as well as take your picture. Meet the Intel RealSense 3D camera.
Acer's going beyond conventional high-definition with its latest all-in-one PC, which at a list price of US$1,099.99, is one of the most expensive Android devices available.
Chromebooks are gaining popularity at the expense of Windows machines, and Acer is cashing in with a touchscreen laptop based on Google's Chrome OS.
Taiwanese computer maker Acer has named Jason Chen, vice president of worldwide sales and marketing at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, as its new president and CEO, effective Jan. 1.
In its first move since ordering a company reorganization, Acer said it is focusing more on software and services to revive its struggling PC business. But analysts expect the company to face a tough road with its new direction, at a time when rivals...
Acer wanted to make the Aspire Z3-600 all-in-one PC easy to move around, so it integrated a battery into the computer.
Acer will have to choose new leaders with expertise in tablets and brand-building to shed its reputation as a low-end seller of notebooks, analysts said.
Acer announced the first Chromebook laptop with a touchscreen for US$299.99, which is about $100 more than the company's cheapest non-touch model.
Acer's upcoming CEO has abruptly resigned from the troubled PC maker, in a surprise move that will result in founder Stan Shih temporarily taking over leadership.
Acer is trying to push down the prices of Chromebooks, announcing a new laptop with Chrome OS priced at US$199.99.
Best known for its low-cost laptops, Acer doesn't really inspire thoughts of premium products. But building high-end hardware could be the Taiwanese vendor's best shot as it looks for a way to rescue its struggling business.
Acer CEO J.T. Wang is resigning from his post at the Taiwanese PC maker and will be replaced by president Jim Wong as part of a corporate restructuring that will try to revitalize the company's sagging fortunes.
If you've been keeping abreast of the Windows tablet market, Acer's Iconia W4 will sound very familiar.
Acer's much anticipated Iconia W4 tablet with Windows 8.1 will be available this month starting at US$329.99 with 32GB of storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Craig Wright claims he is bitcoin inventor Satoshi Nakamoto
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCService DeskWA
- CCTechnical WriterACT