The PC market remained weak in the third quarter, but the expiration of Microsoft's support for Windows XP in April next year may have prompted users to look at upgrades, which eased the slump.
Intel and Google showed off the next generation of Chromebooks from Hewlett-Packard, Acer and Toshiba, which will be faster and more power-efficient than predecessors.
This year's IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin offered smartphones, tablets, 4K TVs, a much-anticipated smartwatch and new spins on the camera.
Microsoft's plan to buy Nokia's phone business and have a larger presence in hardware devices has so far brought little response from PC and smartphone vendors in Asia. But the deal could end up bringing dividends to Microsoft's long-time partners in...
A smart watch from Samsung Electronics, an Acer smartphone that can shoot 4K video and a Sony one with a 20-megapixel sensor, plus a plethora of tablets and TVs are all expected at this year's IFA consumer electronics show.
Taiwanese PC maker Acer reported a net loss in the second quarter, attributing it to the company's growing investment in product design and the recent rise in DRAM prices.
Mere days after Microsoft was forced to slash the price of the Surface RT in an attempt to move more of the moribund tablets, Windows RT has received yet another no-confidence vote: Asus plans to pull back from the mobile-focused platform.
If it wasn't already apparent, next-generation Windows RT tablets are not getting support from any tablet maker other than Microsoft itself.
Acer's Iconia W3 is still the one and only 8-inch Windows tablet in town, but it appears that the company isn't sitting on its heels after gaining that head start. A new report claims that the pint-sized slate is slated for a refresh this September, ...
The Acer Iconia W3 flips Windows computing on its head, rotating the screen into an 8.1-inch, easy-to-hold, portrait form factor. This may seem like a trivial improvement, but it's more significant than you might think.
Acer isn't the only vendor showing off a small Windows 8 tablet at Computex this week.
Surging tablet sales and the muted response to Windows 8 have opened the door for Android at this year's Computex and exposed deeper cracks in the Wintel powerhouse of Windows software and Intel chips.
Taiwan's Acer is breaking Android out of its comfort zone and has installed the operating system on a 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop PC that is expected on sale in the U.S. later this year.
When it comes to tablets, Microsoft and its OEMs don't know where they're going, an analyst said today.
After months on the market, Windows 8 tablets have yet to rack up the sales Microsoft and PC vendors were originally hoping for. But on Monday Taiwanese PC maker Acer showed off what could be the first of many Windows 8 tablets to come in smaller scr...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA