The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has today announced it has "taken action" against two pre-paid, international calling card providers, claiming they failed to make required critical information summaries available to Australia...
Adoption and use of 3G networks and wireless broadband exploded last year as consumers flocked to grab the latest Internet-ready mobile, according to new research.
A new pilot project aimed at curbing cyber bullying in Australian schools has been announced by the Federal Government.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) have joined forces to produce a new fact sheet to prevent consumers being ripped off by mobile premium services.
The government has issued a warning against fly-by criminals who are issuing SMS death threats to defraud victims.
More than 80 per cent of small to medium enterprises (SME) are satisfied with their broadband Internet services, according to a study by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
Australia's first permanent DAB+ digital radio services have been switched on in Perth by nine commercial radio stations. Although digital radio signals have already been broadcast in several capital cities, these have been test broadcasts from a sma...
Australia’s second largest internet service provider, Optus, will belatedly take part in the federal government’s controversial internet filtering trial.
Telstra has moved to head off further industry regulation through announcing plans to implement new safeguards to protect its customers from unwanted subscriptions to premium SMS services.
If you don't like what the government does just vote it out.
With the leaking of the supposed Australian Communication & Media Authority's (ACMA) URL “blacklist”, further doubts have been raised over whether such a list, and even Web Filtering itself, can successfully achieve the federal government's goal of p...
Less than a week after the federal government's URL blacklist was leaked and caused a furore over the status of online betting company Betfair, Australia's poker industry is now in the firing line over the number of legitimate poker sites that could...
The secretive Internet filter blacklist held by the communications watchdog ACMA has been leaked, revealing the government has understated the amount of banned Web pages by more than 1000.
No accountability for blacklists, yet Watchdog's word is final.
The Australian communications watchdog has modified its complaints handling process following the forced removal of a link to a prohibited Web site.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW