Western Digital’s (WD) flash storage expansion drive has moved through yet another phase, with the storage vendor announcing it has completed its acquisition of Virident Systems for $US685 million.
Mobile marketing and content company, Motopia (ASX:MOT), has arranged to acquire a sports mobile apps developer in an all-stock deal worth $1 million.
Some tech industry rumors have an extra-long life, and the one about SAP buying middleware vendor Software AG got an extension this week following public comments by top leaders of both companies.
McAfee Tuesday said it's signed an agreement to acquire privately held Trust Digital as part of its strategy to expand into the mobile security arena, the enterprise sector in particular. The acquisition price for Trust Digital was not disclosed.
Yahoo has bought Koprol.com, an Indonesian mobile location-based-services Web company similar to Foursquare in the U.S.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google launches a service for storing big data
- Uber stops operations in Kansas over new legislation
- Electronic lock maker clashes with security firm over software flaws
- Kobo Glo HD e-book reader
- Apple security program, MacKeeper, celebrates difficult birthday
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.