Facebook's head of network operations has great expectations for software defined networking (SDN), though he may not be relying on commercial hardware vendors to bring SDN to the social networking giant's own infrastructure.
A group of researchers from the U.S. Naval Academy has developed a technique for analyzing email traffic in real-time to identify spam messages as they come across the wire, simply using information from the TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) packet...
Muscling up on cloud technologies, Cisco Systems is in the process of acquiring network management software vendor LineSider Technologies, the company announced Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia