Police in South Korea said they had raided Google's Korea head office in Seoul on Tuesday on suspicion that the subsidiary of the search engine company had illegally collected location data from application subscribers.
Google's AdMob business could not deliver advertising through iAd if Apple began enforcing a policy that restricts the involvement of companies that have their own mobile operating systems, said Omar Hamoui, vice president of mobile ads at Google.
U.S. regulators are planning to investigate whether Apple is shutting out third parties such as Google and Microsoft in advertising the iPhone and iPad, according to a report published by the Financial Times on Thursday.
Google today attacked Apple's apparent decision to ban some third-party ad networks from collecting ad performance data on the iPhone and iPad.
After intense scrutiny to ensure the acquisition won't make Google a de facto monopoly in mobile advertising, Google's purchase of AdMob got the regulatory green light and was finalized this past week. The upcoming launch of Apple iAds played a funda...
Google has closed its acquisition of AdMob, following news less than a week ago that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission would not block the deal.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission won't block Google's US$750 million acquisition of mobile advertising vendor AdMob because the deal isn't likely to harm competition in the emerging mobile advertising market, the agency said Friday.
Apple has acquired Quattro Wireless, according to an item posted Tuesday on the mobile advertising company's blog.
Apple appears to be getting into the mobile advertising business, through a rumored purchase of Quattro Wireless for US$275 million. This is about a third of what Google hopes to pay for competitor AdMob, if the feds don't end up blocking that deal.
Google plans to buy mobile advertising provider AdMob for US$750 million stock, the search giant said on Monday.
Newcomers to the mobile-phone market are driving more wireless Web access at the expense of the phone makers that have been around for a while, according to a new report from AdMob.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)NSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCIdentity and Access Management SMENSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD