The ability to dream up and design cool, dynamic people is a good skill for any graphic designer to have under their belt, whether you’re basing whole graphic novels around them or just using them to add a quirky twist to flyers or T-shirt designs.
Patterns are everywhere. Look around and you'll probably see one right now. It might be a pattern on a tie, a shirt, trousers, a paper cup, bathroom tiles, an umbrella, on a bag, a sofa, wrapping paper… the list goes on and on.
What's tastier than an iced doughnut with sprinkles? A whole plate of yummy cakes, that's what. If you're looking to create a series of characters based on a theme, what better one to sample than one of Aaron Miller's delightful confections?
In this tutorial, Gordon Reid -- who works under the creative handle Middle Boop -- shows how he blended retro imagery and colour schemes with digital technology to create a stunning cover image for Digital Arts Magazine.
Illustrator allows you to create art of all varieties, from the highly stylized to the photorealistic. Here, digital design expert James Arnott shows how to make an impressively realistic and convincing wine glass using the software.
Translate abstract data into a 3D, easy-to-understand illustration in this great Illustrator tutorial by Wendy Ding.
This tutorial shows how to create a cool look using Illustrator’s Symbols and Global Colors.
Create an animated character by harnessing the power of Illustrator and the flexibility of Flash.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCTechnical OfficerACT