Foxit Software, the developer of a rival PDF viewer to Adobe's vulnerability-plagued Reader, released an update today that blocks some attacks with a "safe mode" that's switched on by default.
Adobe today patched a critical vulnerability in the Windows utility used to download the company's two most popular products, Adobe Reader and Flash Player.
Just weeks after patching a critical flaw, Adobe Systems is rushing out another patch for its Reader and Acrobat software. The company also patched a critical issue in Flash Player Thursday.
Adobe is investigating new reports that hackers are attacking a previously unknown bug in the latest version of the company's Reader and Acrobat software.
Adobe has issued a range of patches for its most popular software to head off malware-pushing assaults that use poisoned PDF files to trigger a flaw in Flash.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW