Though tech spending in the near term is not expected to increase at the heady rates of the dot-com era, industry insiders appear confident that the sector will trend upward this year.
Adobe Systems released a new security update for Shockwave Player in order to fix a critical vulnerability that could allow attackers to remotely take control of affected systems.
Adobe has made its Revel photo-app available for Android, allowing users to share and edit photos on their Android devices.
Adobe Systems released a security update for Shockwave Player in order to address two vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to remotely take control of affected systems.
A U.S. appeals court has cleared the way for thousands of Silicon Valley workers to proceed as a group with a lawsuit alleging that technology companies including Google and Apple colluded to drive down employee compensation.
Vimeo has rebuilt its video player using HTML5, the latest version of the Web programming language that is challenging Adobe Systems' Flash player in serving up Web video.
From single digits to trillions, the tech industry loves numbers, and it generated plenty of them in 2013. Here's a look at some of the figures that stand out from the year:
Adobe patched several vulnerabilities in its Flash Player and Shockwave Player on Tuesday, including one for which an exploit is already available.
An upgrade to Adobe's Connect Web meetings product allows people to log in using their social networking accounts and adds new options for how participants are displayed on the screen.
A new website allows Internet users to check if their usernames and passwords were exposed in some of the largest data breaches in recent years.
The creators of a Web-based attack tool called Angler Exploit Kit have added an exploit for a known vulnerability in Microsoft's Silverlight browser plug-in to the tool's arsenal.
Adobe Systems released security updates for Flash Player, AIR and ColdFusion to fix critical vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to take control of affected systems or read information from servers without authorization.
Adobe Systems has added mobile features to its Marketing Cloud, allowing companies to better target smartphones with the help of geolocation and app analytics.
Adobe has worked with Apple to sandbox Flash Player under Safari in Mac OS X, restricting the ability of attackers to exploit any vulnerabilities they might find in the browser plug-in.
Hackers capitalize on other people's mistakes. But they make their own as well.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
- Microsoft Store has slashed the Asus ZenBook Flip's price by $200
- Google discloses unpatched IE vulnerability after Patch Tuesday delay
- FCC puts the brakes on ISP privacy rules it just passed in October
- Zenimax wants to block Oculus Rift headset sales, Gear VR games
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- FTLead PMONSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- CCAzure Architect/ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW