Though tech spending in the near term is not expected to increase at the heady rates of the dot-com era, industry insiders appear confident that the sector will trend upward this year.
Adobe Systems released a new security update for Shockwave Player in order to fix a critical vulnerability that could allow attackers to remotely take control of affected systems.
Adobe has made its Revel photo-app available for Android, allowing users to share and edit photos on their Android devices.
Adobe Systems released a security update for Shockwave Player in order to address two vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to remotely take control of affected systems.
A U.S. appeals court has cleared the way for thousands of Silicon Valley workers to proceed as a group with a lawsuit alleging that technology companies including Google and Apple colluded to drive down employee compensation.
Vimeo has rebuilt its video player using HTML5, the latest version of the Web programming language that is challenging Adobe Systems' Flash player in serving up Web video.
From single digits to trillions, the tech industry loves numbers, and it generated plenty of them in 2013. Here's a look at some of the figures that stand out from the year:
Adobe patched several vulnerabilities in its Flash Player and Shockwave Player on Tuesday, including one for which an exploit is already available.
An upgrade to Adobe's Connect Web meetings product allows people to log in using their social networking accounts and adds new options for how participants are displayed on the screen.
A new website allows Internet users to check if their usernames and passwords were exposed in some of the largest data breaches in recent years.
The creators of a Web-based attack tool called Angler Exploit Kit have added an exploit for a known vulnerability in Microsoft's Silverlight browser plug-in to the tool's arsenal.
Adobe Systems released security updates for Flash Player, AIR and ColdFusion to fix critical vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to take control of affected systems or read information from servers without authorization.
Adobe Systems has added mobile features to its Marketing Cloud, allowing companies to better target smartphones with the help of geolocation and app analytics.
Adobe has worked with Apple to sandbox Flash Player under Safari in Mac OS X, restricting the ability of attackers to exploit any vulnerabilities they might find in the browser plug-in.
Hackers capitalize on other people's mistakes. But they make their own as well.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- Cisco starts patching firewall devices against NSA-linked exploit
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCTechnology Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- FTData AnalystsWA