The availability of really fast broadband in your neighborhood could increase your home's value by more than 3 percent.
A technology that delivers broadband speeds over copper lines at a speed comparable to fiber is gaining momentum.
US telecom equipment vendor Adtran has developed a technology that will make it easier for operators to roll out broadband speeds close to 500Mbps over copper lines.
Vendors are working on products to lower the cost of building copper-based broadband with bandwidth up to 100M bps, and are at the same time getting ready to increase speeds even further.
Nokia Siemens Networks is selling its fixed-line broadband access business to Adtran, the latest in a series of sell-offs, the company said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT