The availability of really fast broadband in your neighborhood could increase your home's value by more than 3 percent.
A technology that delivers broadband speeds over copper lines at a speed comparable to fiber is gaining momentum.
US telecom equipment vendor Adtran has developed a technology that will make it easier for operators to roll out broadband speeds close to 500Mbps over copper lines.
Vendors are working on products to lower the cost of building copper-based broadband with bandwidth up to 100M bps, and are at the same time getting ready to increase speeds even further.
Nokia Siemens Networks is selling its fixed-line broadband access business to Adtran, the latest in a series of sell-offs, the company said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia