AMD Radeon HD 6990 review: AMD's dual-GPU Radeon HD 6990 is the world's fastest single-slot graphics card. But with that power comes a massive price tag
Advanced Micro Devices
AMD's Radeon HD 6800 series has arrived, and the results speak for themselves: Radeon HD 6870 is the mid-range card to beat.
Gamers, buckle up -- AMD will launch its highly-anticipated graphics processing unit, code-named Fiji, on June 16 at the E3 conference.
Chromebooks may be hot-ticket items, but with its sixth-generation A-series chips for mainstream laptops, AMD is placing its bets on Microsoft's Windows 10.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Two years ago, AMD tried to cut its reliance on the plodding x86 design by building server chips around ARM, the hot architecture driving mobile devices. That hasn't worked out, and the company is now putting its faith back in x86.
AMD will battle Intel for computer performance supremacy with a new high-speed chip that could be the fastest when it ships.
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
For 50 years, Moore's Law has paved the way for faster, smaller and cheaper devices. The observation focuses on the economics and scaling of silicon chips, which are at the heart of computing devices.
Speaking with bit-tech.net this week, AMD's worldwide developer relations manager Richard Huddy had a few choice words to say about the narrowing divide between PC and console gaming. He noted that the console-centric nature of game production these ...
Over the next few weeks, Intel and AMD are set to unleash two new families of CPUs: Sandy Bridge (Intel's 2nd Generation Core processors) and AMD Fusion, respectively. These new processing chips offer a range of exciting improvements over existing CP...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW