AMD Radeon HD 6990 review: AMD's dual-GPU Radeon HD 6990 is the world's fastest single-slot graphics card. But with that power comes a massive price tag
Advanced Micro Devices
AMD's Radeon HD 6800 series has arrived, and the results speak for themselves: Radeon HD 6870 is the mid-range card to beat.
Gamers, buckle up -- AMD will launch its highly-anticipated graphics processing unit, code-named Fiji, on June 16 at the E3 conference.
Chromebooks may be hot-ticket items, but with its sixth-generation A-series chips for mainstream laptops, AMD is placing its bets on Microsoft's Windows 10.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Two years ago, AMD tried to cut its reliance on the plodding x86 design by building server chips around ARM, the hot architecture driving mobile devices. That hasn't worked out, and the company is now putting its faith back in x86.
AMD will battle Intel for computer performance supremacy with a new high-speed chip that could be the fastest when it ships.
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
For 50 years, Moore's Law has paved the way for faster, smaller and cheaper devices. The observation focuses on the economics and scaling of silicon chips, which are at the heart of computing devices.
Speaking with bit-tech.net this week, AMD's worldwide developer relations manager Richard Huddy had a few choice words to say about the narrowing divide between PC and console gaming. He noted that the console-centric nature of game production these ...
Over the next few weeks, Intel and AMD are set to unleash two new families of CPUs: Sandy Bridge (Intel's 2nd Generation Core processors) and AMD Fusion, respectively. These new processing chips offer a range of exciting improvements over existing CP...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT