AMD Radeon HD 6990 review: AMD's dual-GPU Radeon HD 6990 is the world's fastest single-slot graphics card. But with that power comes a massive price tag
Advanced Micro Devices
AMD's Radeon HD 6800 series has arrived, and the results speak for themselves: Radeon HD 6870 is the mid-range card to beat.
The leadership shakeup at Advanced Micro Devices continued on Monday with the company appointing Forrest Norrod, formerly from Dell, to run its server and custom chip businesses.
AMD's new chief is making her mark quickly: By the end of 2014, the chipmaker will cut worldwide headcount by about 7 percent in a restructuring plan it hopes will put it on the path to improved profits.
Advanced Micro Devices has a new CEO, Lisa Su, who will now try to stabilize a company that's attempting to diversify into new markets outside PCs and servers.
Advanced Micro Devices is targeting mid-range desktops with its latest high-end FX chips based on the Piledriver architecture.
Advanced Micro Devices may be willing to make custom ARM server chips for customers, much like it made custom chips for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 game consoles.
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
Speaking with bit-tech.net this week, AMD's worldwide developer relations manager Richard Huddy had a few choice words to say about the narrowing divide between PC and console gaming. He noted that the console-centric nature of game production these ...
Over the next few weeks, Intel and AMD are set to unleash two new families of CPUs: Sandy Bridge (Intel's 2nd Generation Core processors) and AMD Fusion, respectively. These new processing chips offer a range of exciting improvements over existing CP...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Oracle's Larry Ellison isn't done building his legacy
- Ericsson's WebRTC browser available for download from the App Store
- HP to jolt 3D printer market
- Starbucks says 1 in 6 payments already mobile
- HP's radical new Machine could start computing by 2016
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC