Gamers, buckle up -- AMD will launch its highly-anticipated graphics processing unit, code-named Fiji, on June 16 at the E3 conference.
Chromebooks may be hot-ticket items, but with its sixth-generation A-series chips for mainstream laptops, AMD is placing its bets on Microsoft's Windows 10.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Two years ago, AMD tried to cut its reliance on the plodding x86 design by building server chips around ARM, the hot architecture driving mobile devices. That hasn't worked out, and the company is now putting its faith back in x86.
AMD will battle Intel for computer performance supremacy with a new high-speed chip that could be the fastest when it ships.
SAP's S/4Hana moves to the cloud...AMD puts Zen up against Intel's Skylake...Europe probes e-commerce firms...and more tech news.
AMD hasn't been competitive in the chip market over the last few years thanks to some poor decisions, but the company is simplifying its product lineup for PCs while getting into some newer, hotter product areas in hopes of reaching consistent profit...
WikiLeaks publishes stolen Sony info... IBM opens up threat data... China suspends rule on foreign IT vendors... and more tech news
AMD has pulled out of the market for high-density servers, reversing a strategy it embarked on three years ago with its acquisition of SeaMicro.
The emerging USB 3.1 standard is set to reach desktops as hardware companies release motherboards with ports that can transfer data two times faster than the previous USB technology.
More Andoid devices get Microsoft apps... Top EU court hears challenge to data exchange deal... Facebook to host content for media groups... and more tech news.
Former AMD CEO Rory Read has seemingly stepped down the executive ladder by taking a job at Dell to lead global commercial sales, but some analysts think the move could give him a career boost.
Raw horsepower has always been important measuring stick for performance of mobile devices and PCs, but it's also important to determine whether applications are written to exploit all the available hardware features.
The PC market has stabilized a bit lately but that hasn't done much for AMD, whose PC processor shipments are in decline. The company hopes to recover momentum this year with a new laptop chip coming soon code-named Carrizo.
Stability in the PC market has benefitted many chip and computer companies, but not Advanced Micro Devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Software as a Service solutions: The key to maintaining Australia’s competitiveness in higher education
- How universities can digitise ancient student experiences
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Should I drill a hole into my iPhone 7 to give it a headphone jack?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD