Gamers, buckle up -- AMD will launch its highly-anticipated graphics processing unit, code-named Fiji, on June 16 at the E3 conference.
Chromebooks may be hot-ticket items, but with its sixth-generation A-series chips for mainstream laptops, AMD is placing its bets on Microsoft's Windows 10.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Two years ago, AMD tried to cut its reliance on the plodding x86 design by building server chips around ARM, the hot architecture driving mobile devices. That hasn't worked out, and the company is now putting its faith back in x86.
AMD will battle Intel for computer performance supremacy with a new high-speed chip that could be the fastest when it ships.
SAP's S/4Hana moves to the cloud...AMD puts Zen up against Intel's Skylake...Europe probes e-commerce firms...and more tech news.
AMD hasn't been competitive in the chip market over the last few years thanks to some poor decisions, but the company is simplifying its product lineup for PCs while getting into some newer, hotter product areas in hopes of reaching consistent profit...
WikiLeaks publishes stolen Sony info... IBM opens up threat data... China suspends rule on foreign IT vendors... and more tech news
AMD has pulled out of the market for high-density servers, reversing a strategy it embarked on three years ago with its acquisition of SeaMicro.
The emerging USB 3.1 standard is set to reach desktops as hardware companies release motherboards with ports that can transfer data two times faster than the previous USB technology.
More Andoid devices get Microsoft apps... Top EU court hears challenge to data exchange deal... Facebook to host content for media groups... and more tech news.
Former AMD CEO Rory Read has seemingly stepped down the executive ladder by taking a job at Dell to lead global commercial sales, but some analysts think the move could give him a career boost.
Raw horsepower has always been important measuring stick for performance of mobile devices and PCs, but it's also important to determine whether applications are written to exploit all the available hardware features.
The PC market has stabilized a bit lately but that hasn't done much for AMD, whose PC processor shipments are in decline. The company hopes to recover momentum this year with a new laptop chip coming soon code-named Carrizo.
Stability in the PC market has benefitted many chip and computer companies, but not Advanced Micro Devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia