Gamers, buckle up -- AMD will launch its highly-anticipated graphics processing unit, code-named Fiji, on June 16 at the E3 conference.
Chromebooks may be hot-ticket items, but with its sixth-generation A-series chips for mainstream laptops, AMD is placing its bets on Microsoft's Windows 10.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Two years ago, AMD tried to cut its reliance on the plodding x86 design by building server chips around ARM, the hot architecture driving mobile devices. That hasn't worked out, and the company is now putting its faith back in x86.
AMD will battle Intel for computer performance supremacy with a new high-speed chip that could be the fastest when it ships.
SAP's S/4Hana moves to the cloud...AMD puts Zen up against Intel's Skylake...Europe probes e-commerce firms...and more tech news.
AMD hasn't been competitive in the chip market over the last few years thanks to some poor decisions, but the company is simplifying its product lineup for PCs while getting into some newer, hotter product areas in hopes of reaching consistent profit...
WikiLeaks publishes stolen Sony info... IBM opens up threat data... China suspends rule on foreign IT vendors... and more tech news
AMD has pulled out of the market for high-density servers, reversing a strategy it embarked on three years ago with its acquisition of SeaMicro.
The emerging USB 3.1 standard is set to reach desktops as hardware companies release motherboards with ports that can transfer data two times faster than the previous USB technology.
More Andoid devices get Microsoft apps... Top EU court hears challenge to data exchange deal... Facebook to host content for media groups... and more tech news.
Former AMD CEO Rory Read has seemingly stepped down the executive ladder by taking a job at Dell to lead global commercial sales, but some analysts think the move could give him a career boost.
Raw horsepower has always been important measuring stick for performance of mobile devices and PCs, but it's also important to determine whether applications are written to exploit all the available hardware features.
The PC market has stabilized a bit lately but that hasn't done much for AMD, whose PC processor shipments are in decline. The company hopes to recover momentum this year with a new laptop chip coming soon code-named Carrizo.
Stability in the PC market has benefitted many chip and computer companies, but not Advanced Micro Devices.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- TPIT Security AdvisorACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW