Gamers, buckle up -- AMD will launch its highly-anticipated graphics processing unit, code-named Fiji, on June 16 at the E3 conference.
Chromebooks may be hot-ticket items, but with its sixth-generation A-series chips for mainstream laptops, AMD is placing its bets on Microsoft's Windows 10.
The next big wearable hit could emerge at the Computex trade show in Taipei next week, and any attempt to steal the device off the show floor could be thwarted by Internet of Things security devices expected to be on display.
Two years ago, AMD tried to cut its reliance on the plodding x86 design by building server chips around ARM, the hot architecture driving mobile devices. That hasn't worked out, and the company is now putting its faith back in x86.
AMD will battle Intel for computer performance supremacy with a new high-speed chip that could be the fastest when it ships.
SAP's S/4Hana moves to the cloud...AMD puts Zen up against Intel's Skylake...Europe probes e-commerce firms...and more tech news.
AMD hasn't been competitive in the chip market over the last few years thanks to some poor decisions, but the company is simplifying its product lineup for PCs while getting into some newer, hotter product areas in hopes of reaching consistent profit...
WikiLeaks publishes stolen Sony info... IBM opens up threat data... China suspends rule on foreign IT vendors... and more tech news
AMD has pulled out of the market for high-density servers, reversing a strategy it embarked on three years ago with its acquisition of SeaMicro.
The emerging USB 3.1 standard is set to reach desktops as hardware companies release motherboards with ports that can transfer data two times faster than the previous USB technology.
More Andoid devices get Microsoft apps... Top EU court hears challenge to data exchange deal... Facebook to host content for media groups... and more tech news.
Former AMD CEO Rory Read has seemingly stepped down the executive ladder by taking a job at Dell to lead global commercial sales, but some analysts think the move could give him a career boost.
Raw horsepower has always been important measuring stick for performance of mobile devices and PCs, but it's also important to determine whether applications are written to exploit all the available hardware features.
The PC market has stabilized a bit lately but that hasn't done much for AMD, whose PC processor shipments are in decline. The company hopes to recover momentum this year with a new laptop chip coming soon code-named Carrizo.
Stability in the PC market has benefitted many chip and computer companies, but not Advanced Micro Devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW