Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday broke its silence around its tablet strategy, announcing its first low-power chip designed for these devices.
It was just about a year ago that IBM, Samsung, ARM and others formed Linaro, the not-for-profit organization that aims to make it easier for developers to use Linux on ARM-based devices, and over the past few weeks the group has made several announc...
Advanced Micro Devices shot down rumors that it is pursuing an ARM license, saying it will stick to developing chips for tablets around the x86 architecture.
AMD posted gains in both revenue and profit in the first quarter, citing lower prices but higher unit sales of microprocessors compared with a year earlier.
Upcoming chipsets from Advanced Micro Devices will support USB 3.0, which could make it easier for PC makers to add ports based on the interconnect to laptops.
Intel may have made it to a 32-nanometer build process first, but rival Advanced Micro Devices has followed suit and is looking to make up some ground.
Laptops and desktops with Advanced Micro Devices' A-series chips will become available from PC makers this quarter, the company's CEO said on Monday.
AMD on Monday continued shuffling its senior executive ranks, appointing former Hewlett-Packard executive Mike Wolfe as its chief information officer.
The chip war will heat up as Advanced Micro Devices prepares PC processors to rival Intel's Sandy Bridge chips, which have already started appearing in laptops, analysts say.
Half the notebook computers and a growing number of desktops shipped in 2011 will run on graphics-enabled microprocessors as designers Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) increase competition for the units that raise multimedia speeds without add-...
Slip-ups by a competitor are usually good for business, but Intel's recent problems with its Sandy Bridge chips won't help Advanced Micro Devices to steal market share from its bigger rival, according to IDC.
Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming Opteron server processors based on the new Bulldozer architecture will become available during the third quarter, the company said on Monday.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced a flurry of moves, including the departure of two senior executives, which analysts said was part of an internal cleanup effort as the company searches for a new CEO.
Deciding how much graphics power is required when purchasing a PC has never been easy. Investing in a standalone graphics processor from AMD or Nvidia is more often than not overkill for many office applications. However, graphics processors integrat...
Worldwide shipments of PC graphics products were flat during the fourth quarter last year, potentially hurt by growth in tablet shipments, according to research released by Jon Peddie Research on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Alleged YouTube music ripper sued by industry for copyright infringement
- Parrot Mambo Drone review
- IBM promises a one-stop analytics shop with AI-powered big data platform
- Yahoo's claim of 'state-sponsored' hackers meets with skepticism
- GE, Bosch and open source could bring more IoT tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC