Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday broke its silence around its tablet strategy, announcing its first low-power chip designed for these devices.
It was just about a year ago that IBM, Samsung, ARM and others formed Linaro, the not-for-profit organization that aims to make it easier for developers to use Linux on ARM-based devices, and over the past few weeks the group has made several announc...
Advanced Micro Devices shot down rumors that it is pursuing an ARM license, saying it will stick to developing chips for tablets around the x86 architecture.
AMD posted gains in both revenue and profit in the first quarter, citing lower prices but higher unit sales of microprocessors compared with a year earlier.
Upcoming chipsets from Advanced Micro Devices will support USB 3.0, which could make it easier for PC makers to add ports based on the interconnect to laptops.
Intel may have made it to a 32-nanometer build process first, but rival Advanced Micro Devices has followed suit and is looking to make up some ground.
Laptops and desktops with Advanced Micro Devices' A-series chips will become available from PC makers this quarter, the company's CEO said on Monday.
AMD on Monday continued shuffling its senior executive ranks, appointing former Hewlett-Packard executive Mike Wolfe as its chief information officer.
The chip war will heat up as Advanced Micro Devices prepares PC processors to rival Intel's Sandy Bridge chips, which have already started appearing in laptops, analysts say.
Half the notebook computers and a growing number of desktops shipped in 2011 will run on graphics-enabled microprocessors as designers Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) increase competition for the units that raise multimedia speeds without add-...
Slip-ups by a competitor are usually good for business, but Intel's recent problems with its Sandy Bridge chips won't help Advanced Micro Devices to steal market share from its bigger rival, according to IDC.
Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming Opteron server processors based on the new Bulldozer architecture will become available during the third quarter, the company said on Monday.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced a flurry of moves, including the departure of two senior executives, which analysts said was part of an internal cleanup effort as the company searches for a new CEO.
Deciding how much graphics power is required when purchasing a PC has never been easy. Investing in a standalone graphics processor from AMD or Nvidia is more often than not overkill for many office applications. However, graphics processors integrat...
Worldwide shipments of PC graphics products were flat during the fourth quarter last year, potentially hurt by growth in tablet shipments, according to research released by Jon Peddie Research on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC