Advanced Micro Devices' first branded desktop system memory modules, called AMD Memory, will be available in North America through major retailers, the company said Monday.
Dell on Tuesday said it has upgraded its PowerEdge servers with the just-released 16-core Opteron processors from Advanced Micro Devices.
After a brief delay and more than a year of chatter, Advanced Micro Devices has announced the availability of its first 16-core Opteron server chips, which pack the largest number of cores available on x86 chips today.
AMD plans to lay off 10 per cent of its global workforce and will terminate "existing contractual commitments" in a plan to cut costs, the company announced Thursday.
Intel registered a drop in worldwide laptop-processor market share during the third quarter this year as Advanced Micro Devices came on strong with its latest Fusion PC processors, IDC said on Thursday.
Worldwide processor shipments went up during the third quarter this year and Advanced Micro Devices gained market share from Intel over last year despite being hurt by manufacturing problems, according to a study released by Mercury Research on Tuesd...
Third-quarter earnings reports from major tech vendors continued to pour in this week, confirming upbeat trends for enterprise software and emerging markets but mixed results for hardware and components.
Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday reported revenue and profit growth for the third fiscal quarter of 2011, despite issues with the manufacturing of processors.
Advanced Micro Devices has appointed former Apple iPhone development chief Mark Papermaster as chief technology officer, where he will take charge of developing AMD's future microprocessors and hardware.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday released the first eight-core desktop chips based on the new Bulldozer architecture, in which cores can run at clock speeds of up to 4.2GHz.
Details about Advanced Micro Devices' first eight-core desktop processors, based on its Bulldozer architecture, have appeared on some retail sites ahead of their official launch.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday reduced its revenue projection for its third fiscal quarter ending Oct. 1, citing manufacturing yield problems.
Just under a month after appointing a new CEO, AMD on Tuesday said that Rick Bergman, the company's senior vice president and general manager of products, was departing the company to pursue other opportunities.
Advanced Micro Devices this week said it has shipped the first 16-core chips for servers, which is a positive step ahead for the company as it tries to reverse its sagging fortunes in the server market.
Advanced Micro Devices said Wednesday that activation keys for the game "Dirt 3" that shipped with some of its products were compromised, potentially causing a delay before the vouchers can be redeemed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT