Ads have long been part of the trade-off for users of the free Web, but the rise of ad blockers is making it increasingly difficult for publishers to sustain that ad-supported model.
Facebook is giving businesses more reasons to use Facebook Messenger to reach customers.
For years now, checking the "do-not-track" option on your browser has been little more than wishful thinking on the part of users who care about privacy online. But now a group led by the Electronic Frontier Foundation is looking to make that a more ...
Yahoo said Monday it had removed malware from its advertising network, after malicious code there had gone undetected for at least six days.
Facebook has posted strong sales results for the second quarter, showing continued success in its advertising business, though its costs also rose sharply.
Twitter reported a higher than expected increase in revenue on Tuesday, suggesting progress in the company's efforts to grow its ad sales.
Google is now requiring that publishers that carry its ads comply with a European Union directive and ask their site visitors' for permission before setting cookies on their computers.
Upwards of 10 million people may have visited websites carrying malicious advertisements in the last ten days, possibly infecting their computers with malware, according to computer security company Cyphort.
Most mobile web users are all too familiar with the infamous "interstitial" ad that often pops up to promote a website's native app, but this week Google did them a favor and eliminated its own such ads.
The online advertising industry is marshaling a fresh effort to fight click fraud, which steals money from advertisers and undermines faith in online campaigns.
Google's stock jumped more than 7 per cent in the after-market hours on Thursday, after the company reported strong earnings results for the second quarter.
PayPal is fine-tuning its policies after a recently announced plan to make unsolicited prerecorded calls and texts to users drew questions and concerns from customers, regulators and consumer advocates.
A lawsuit alleging that security software from Avira improperly blocked downloads of a software bundle that presented itself primarily as an Angry Birds-style game has been dismissed.
Facebook wants to squeeze as much growth as it can out of its popular Messenger app, even if that means foregoing Facebook.
Twitter has moved well beyond its foundation of 140-character messages. The site will now host videos that play automatically in users' feeds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Schneider Electric PLC simulator flaw exposes workstations to hacking
- London is next in line for Google-backed gigabit Wi-Fi
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMid Level Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCSecurity Architect (Identity Access Management) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportNSW
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW