The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has ended a nearly year-long inquiry into Yelp's businesses practices, after some companies claimed they received unfair or fraudulent reviews after turning down pitches to advertise.
While many activities have migrated online, Facebook is still eager to know how its users shop in physical stores.
If ads on Twitter weren't annoying enough, some will start asking for your credit card info, in the hopes you'll load up on store discounts.
Stores, sports venues and other users of Apple's iBeacons will have to walk a fine line between helping users and angering them with new in-app messaging from Adobe Systems' Marketing Cloud.
Yahoo is acquiring the video advertising platform BrightRoll for $640 million, in a move that could help to offset declines in its traditional display ad business.
Yahoo reported a 1 percent sales increase on Tuesday, a marked shift after multiple quarters of decline, though results in its critical ad business were mixed.
Ads are officially coming to Snapchat, in a form the company says is not "targeted," but Snapchat's own terms of service suggest it could do something very much like that.
A major change this year in how online advertisements are sold has been embraced by hackers, who are using advanced ad-targeting capabilities to precisely deliver malware.
Facebook is doubling the rewards it will pay for security vulnerabilities related to code that runs its advertising system, the company said Wednesday.
Malicious advertisements, some of which were displayed on YouTube, redirected more than 113,000 people in the U.S. to harmful websites in just a month, Trend Micro said Tuesday.
If you're like me, you might stroll past a local coffee shop or book store numerous times before you notice it's there or go inside. Facebook thinks an ad might give that extra nudge.
A "like" on Facebook is worth a lot to advertisers there. Now it's also worth something to advertisers in other mobile apps.
An expansion of how Facebook's user data is employed for advertising purposes is prompting questions over privacy.
Malicious advertisements have popped up on websites such as YouTube, Amazon and Yahoo, part of a sophisticated campaign to spread malware, Cisco said Monday.
Twitter has expanded its advertising network to 12 mostly central and eastern European markets, the company said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP's Elite Slice mini-PC stacks up features with snap-on modules
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Linux with NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia