Facebook will reduce "click-bait" posts of outside links that try to lure users with eye-catching headlines.
Amazon plans to expand its small online ad delivery business enough to take on Google's AdWords, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
Twitter is looking to boost its advertising business by letting more businesses pay to include video in their tweets.
A method for tracking users across the Internet called "canvas fingerprinting" is simple to stop, but average Internet users may not know how to do it.
Three stealthy tracking mechanisms designed to avoid weaknesses in browser cookies pose potential privacy risks to Internet users, a new research paper has concluded.
Twitter said Monday it has agreed to acquire TapCommerce a mobile advertising company focused on re-engaging people who have downloaded advertisers' apps.
You will likely see more ads on your Twitter feed that link to mobile apps in the Apple and Google stores.
The Digital Advertising Alliance, a consortium of advertising trade groups, will roll out two new apps later this year aimed at giving mobile device users a choice of what ads they see.
Promotional texts and other messages from Twitter are fine if you consent to them, but some are going out to old phone numbers that have been around the block, according to a new lawsuit.
Google is well-known for building its own server hardware to meet the unique needs of its massive compute network, but that won't always be the case, according to the head of its infrastructure team.
Facebook is moving to offer users a familiar trade-off: their browsing privacy in return for more targeted advertising. Those who find that no deal at all will be able to use opt-out tools, but all users will be given a little more control over the a...
Google hopes to simplify how local businesses manage their information on its sites and apps by consolidating a variety of scattered tasks under a new online service.
Facebook is suing a former advertiser on its site, claiming he ran multiple ad accounts to promote sexual content and used a simple trick to scam the social network out of US$340,000.
For small retailers, the relationship between the number of store visits and actual sales can be foggy. A new tracking device aims to provide clarity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- EU Safe Harbor ruling could have bearing on Microsoft email dispute
- IPsoft's 'Amelia' virtual assistant just got a whole lot more human
- Surface Pro 4 on sale at Microsoft's Sydney store on November 12
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
- Clothing retailer Uniqlo uses brain waves to match customers with t-shirts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW