Facebook will reduce "click-bait" posts of outside links that try to lure users with eye-catching headlines.
Amazon plans to expand its small online ad delivery business enough to take on Google's AdWords, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
Twitter is looking to boost its advertising business by letting more businesses pay to include video in their tweets.
A method for tracking users across the Internet called "canvas fingerprinting" is simple to stop, but average Internet users may not know how to do it.
Three stealthy tracking mechanisms designed to avoid weaknesses in browser cookies pose potential privacy risks to Internet users, a new research paper has concluded.
Twitter said Monday it has agreed to acquire TapCommerce a mobile advertising company focused on re-engaging people who have downloaded advertisers' apps.
You will likely see more ads on your Twitter feed that link to mobile apps in the Apple and Google stores.
The Digital Advertising Alliance, a consortium of advertising trade groups, will roll out two new apps later this year aimed at giving mobile device users a choice of what ads they see.
Promotional texts and other messages from Twitter are fine if you consent to them, but some are going out to old phone numbers that have been around the block, according to a new lawsuit.
Google is well-known for building its own server hardware to meet the unique needs of its massive compute network, but that won't always be the case, according to the head of its infrastructure team.
Facebook is moving to offer users a familiar trade-off: their browsing privacy in return for more targeted advertising. Those who find that no deal at all will be able to use opt-out tools, but all users will be given a little more control over the a...
Google hopes to simplify how local businesses manage their information on its sites and apps by consolidating a variety of scattered tasks under a new online service.
Facebook is suing a former advertiser on its site, claiming he ran multiple ad accounts to promote sexual content and used a simple trick to scam the social network out of US$340,000.
For small retailers, the relationship between the number of store visits and actual sales can be foggy. A new tracking device aims to provide clarity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Red Hat polishes JBoss EAP for a cloud-native future
- Google’s Sundar Pichai has been hacked - which CEO will be next?
- EU is preparing adwords antitrust complaint against Google
- Bart ransomware shows it can be effective without sophisticated encryption
- Use Android apps on HP's upcoming $189 Chromebook 11 G5
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW