Gmail users who get frustrated trying to find the "unsubscribe" link that's often buried in small type at the bottom of promotional emails may instead start seeing it before they even open the message.
A growing number of brick-and-mortar businesses, eager to learn more about what goes on inside their walls, are turning to new technology to gather data from people's mobile phones.
A coalition of consumer and privacy groups will ask a U.S. court to reject a settlement that allows Facebook to use minors' pictures in advertisements on the site without their parents' consent.
Mozilla is going to show advertising to Firefox users to increase its sources of revenue that now mainly comes from Google, the company said Wednesday.
Apparently Klout is popular.
Google has named a top executive from its advertising business to become the new chief executive of its YouTube service.
When Google awarded Eric Schmidt a US$100 million stock bonus in 2011 it was seen as unprecedented for the company. Now it's doing it again.
The video website Blinkx is contesting a Harvard professor's analysis that accuses the company of charging advertisers for video ads that users rarely see.
Google has been ordered by a court in Virginia to pay royalty to I/P Engine for infringing some claims of two of its patents through the AdWords advertising system.
Facebook is testing its advertisements on outside mobile applications, calling it a new way for app developers to monetize their creations.
Google is testing a high-tech contact lens for people with diabetes as an alternative to finger pricks for glucose testing, the company said on Thursday.
Europe’s competition chief is running out of patience with Google’s attempts to avoid an antitrust fine.
The way consumers identify themselves on Twitter can now be used by marketers in their decisions to place ads in individual feeds, under a new expansion of the site's advertising program.
Google will add prices for Ryanair to its flight search engine, the CEO of the discount airline said in an interview published Sunday.
Criticism hurts -- especially when you're not sure where it's coming from, or why, and have no way to respond to it.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTSolution DesignerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- FTSenior Test Analyst (HL7)VIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA