Despite the threat of sanctions, at least one of Google’s rivals has leaked the search giant’s full proposals that seek to avoid an antitrust fine from European authorities.
Consumers are getting more aware that they can be tracked while they walk around stores but plenty still feel uncomfortable about it, according to a new survey.
It's official: Instagram now has ads, and the first one appeared Friday courtesy of fashion designer Michael Kors.
Google’s new remedies aimed at avoiding a fine from the European Commission for allegedly breaking competition rules do not include the Google.com domain.
Google’s rivals have been given another opportunity to review the search giant’s latest proposed measures aimed at avoiding a fine from the European Commission for allegedly breaking competition rules.
Google's quarterly sales increased again, although the company reported mixed results within its advertising business and a decrease in its Motorola mobile sales.
Twitter, with an IPO looming, needs to make money. To do that, a key focus is being placed on advertising and promoted content around television, the company signaled on Tuesday.
Google will feature users in advertisements that run on its suite of websites when those users recommend products or stores.
Can't find an item in your grocery store? Some retailers want to help, but it could mean tracking your every move as you wander through the aisles.
How many eyes see a tweet about television? Nielsen wants to find out, and let marketers know so they can make more informed advertising decisions on Twitter.
Twitter doesn't seem to have a problem attracting users in international markets, but it definitely has problems making money off them.
Twitter has fewer users and less revenue than Facebook, but in mobile advertising Twitter appears to have dodged the problems that dragged down Facebook's stock after its public offering last year.
More hotels, shops and other businesses will soon be offering free Wi-Fi to customers if they agree in return to "check-in" at the business from their Facebook account.
The European Union is to put Google’s latest proposals to the marketplace in order to allow competitors and rivals to assess the search giant’s plans to avoid antitrust sanctions.
Facebook wants to make its ads less annoying to users by only showing them what they want to see, even if it means a dip in ad exposure for some marketers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW