Despite the threat of sanctions, at least one of Google’s rivals has leaked the search giant’s full proposals that seek to avoid an antitrust fine from European authorities.
Consumers are getting more aware that they can be tracked while they walk around stores but plenty still feel uncomfortable about it, according to a new survey.
It's official: Instagram now has ads, and the first one appeared Friday courtesy of fashion designer Michael Kors.
Google’s new remedies aimed at avoiding a fine from the European Commission for allegedly breaking competition rules do not include the Google.com domain.
Google’s rivals have been given another opportunity to review the search giant’s latest proposed measures aimed at avoiding a fine from the European Commission for allegedly breaking competition rules.
Google's quarterly sales increased again, although the company reported mixed results within its advertising business and a decrease in its Motorola mobile sales.
Twitter, with an IPO looming, needs to make money. To do that, a key focus is being placed on advertising and promoted content around television, the company signaled on Tuesday.
Google will feature users in advertisements that run on its suite of websites when those users recommend products or stores.
Can't find an item in your grocery store? Some retailers want to help, but it could mean tracking your every move as you wander through the aisles.
How many eyes see a tweet about television? Nielsen wants to find out, and let marketers know so they can make more informed advertising decisions on Twitter.
Twitter doesn't seem to have a problem attracting users in international markets, but it definitely has problems making money off them.
Twitter has fewer users and less revenue than Facebook, but in mobile advertising Twitter appears to have dodged the problems that dragged down Facebook's stock after its public offering last year.
More hotels, shops and other businesses will soon be offering free Wi-Fi to customers if they agree in return to "check-in" at the business from their Facebook account.
The European Union is to put Google’s latest proposals to the marketplace in order to allow competitors and rivals to assess the search giant’s plans to avoid antitrust sanctions.
Facebook wants to make its ads less annoying to users by only showing them what they want to see, even if it means a dip in ad exposure for some marketers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW