Major technology companies just can't help tampering with our web traffic to deliver advertising. Security researchers recently discovered that consumer-grade Lenovo computers ship with software called Superfish Visual Discovery that injects advertis...
Security researchers today said Facebook's new requirement that developers link legitimate accounts to their software won't stop rogue applications from infecting its users with adware.
Attacks targeting Facebook users will continue, and could easily become even more dangerous, a security researcher said today.
Zango, the adware distributor fined US$3 million by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in 2006 for sneaking software onto people's PCs, has closed its doors after being acquired by video search engine blinx.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW