Major technology companies just can't help tampering with our web traffic to deliver advertising. Security researchers recently discovered that consumer-grade Lenovo computers ship with software called Superfish Visual Discovery that injects advertis...
Security researchers today said Facebook's new requirement that developers link legitimate accounts to their software won't stop rogue applications from infecting its users with adware.
Attacks targeting Facebook users will continue, and could easily become even more dangerous, a security researcher said today.
Zango, the adware distributor fined US$3 million by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in 2006 for sneaking software onto people's PCs, has closed its doors after being acquired by video search engine blinx.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT