Aereo, which aimed to let customers stream live broadcast TV over the Web, is closing its Boston and New York offices and laying off employees in both locations.
Following Wednesday's adverse Supreme Court decision, Aereo will suspend its online service, which lets its subscribers watch "over the air" broadcast television via the Web.
The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that Web-based video streaming service Aereo, which rebroadcasts over-the-air television through antenna farms, violates the copyrights of TV networks.
If the U.S. Supreme Court rules that streaming video provider Aereo violates the copyrights of TV networks, it may also put cloud storage services at risk, the company's lawyer argued Monday.
The ability of television viewers to control and watch programs may be at stake when the U.S. Supreme Court hears arguments Tuesday in a copyright infringement case brought by TV networks against Aereo, a service that streams over-the-air television ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
- Okta partners with Google to secure cloud identities
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW