The battle between Australian ISP iiNet and a consortium of 34 film companies has taken another turn after the recent appeal dismissal, with an Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft press release stating the companies' intention to take their...
AFACT v iiNet
Australian Internet service provider iiNet has proposed the establishment of an independent body to police copyright infringement by Internet users.
Service providers, rights holders and internet users are anxiously awaiting news of whether the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) will further appeal the decision against it today by the Federal Court, but both the industry body a...
The Federal Court today dismissed an appeal by Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) in its claim that Perth-based internet service provider iiNet had infringed on the copyrights of the film studios the body represents.
iiNet is convinced the Federal Court will reaffirm and strengthen its earlier copyright judgement which cleared the company of copyright breaches.
Australian ISP iiNet and millions of Australian Internet users will be holding their breath tomorrow as the Federal Court delivers a verdict on the iiNet vs Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) copyright case.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This mobile Trojan from China fills your phone with porn apps
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA