With the results of the Federal Election still undetermined, debate rages about whether the use of electronic voting by way of computer stations at polling booths, online voting or voting via a mobile phone could have quickened the outcome.
If every Australian cast their vote electronically on Saturday during the drawn-out Federal Election 2016, the nation would already know the outcome.
The Prime Minister’s office has issued an innovation statement, noting a $9.7 billion government investment into research and development across CSIRO, government agencies, the business and higher education sectors.
Australia’s peak technology industry representative body has told Australian businesses to start preparing for the onset of the National Broadband Network or risk being left behind, in the wake of the release yesterday of NBN Co’s business plan outli...
ICT industry representative bodies have warmly welcomed the Federal Government’s announcement it will build the national broadband network (NBN) itself.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC