San Francisco police suspect a woman got much more than a bed for the night when she booked a stay in the city through Airbnb earlier this year.
More than 250 companies have signed on with Airbnb’s Business Travel program since its launch a year ago, but on Monday the home-sharing service launched a new product suite in the hopes of growing that customer segment further.
When voters go to the polls in next year's presidential election, could a candidate's stance on the sharing economy factor into their decision?
Baseball gets a hacking scandal... Airbus plans Internet satellites... European court holds site liable for comments... and more tech news.
Roughly half a million people now stay in AirBnB accommodations worldwide each night, double the number from a year ago. But a big question AirBnB hosts wrestle with is how much they should charge their guests.
Verizon makes bid for AOL ... Public Wi-Fi set for speed boost ... Mac security product opens critical hole on Macs ... and more tech news.
Good reviews are generally a welcome thing for Airbnb hosts, but in an Amsterdam court case they provided evidence leading to the eviction of a man who was subletting a rental home intended for low-income tenants.
Airbnb has developed a new app customized for iOS and Android tablets in an attempt to give those users a better way to browse its million-plus home rental listings than with the devices' web browsers.
Legislation introduced in the California state senate this week seeks to ensure that people renting out homes or rooms on sites like AirBnB pay visitor taxes on those rentals.
Airbnb has open-sourced a tool that allows its non-technical employees to work like data scientists, and it hopes others will use the software to more effectively mine their own data
They might be masters of innovation in some areas, but startups like Airbnb, Uber, Sidecar and Fitbit are finding that when it comes to Washington, D.C., the old ways are the best.
It's a boom year for venture capital investing, and tech companies with the potential to disrupt business-as-usual are grabbing the lion's share of the money.
Airbnb will hand over information on 124 of its hosts in New York to comply with a request from the state attorney general, who is investigating the legality of the service, the company said Friday.
Uber and Airbnb, which have already proved popular with travelers and urbanites with smartphones, have unveiled new features and links to other services designed to attract more business users.
Airbnb won a break from rising legal scrutiny as a New York judge threw out a subpoena seeking mounds of data about people who have rented out their living spaces through the service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- NBN ditches Optus HFC for FTTdp
- Oracle denied new trial in copyright dispute with Google over Java
- Helping businesses prepare for the workplace of the future, today
- Software as a Service solutions: The key to maintaining Australia’s competitiveness in higher education
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ