Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved what some commissioners called a "historic" plan to allow private mobile broadband services to share spectrum with incumbent military users.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules allow the agency to police future network management practices and business models rolled out by broadband providers, raising concerns among critics that an activist commission wil...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules could open the door to rate regulation and could drive some small broadband providers out of business, some Senate Republicans said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW