Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved what some commissioners called a "historic" plan to allow private mobile broadband services to share spectrum with incumbent military users.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules allow the agency to police future network management practices and business models rolled out by broadband providers, raising concerns among critics that an activist commission wil...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules could open the door to rate regulation and could drive some small broadband providers out of business, some Senate Republicans said Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- TPAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCUnix Developers - multipleACT
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC