U.S. President Barack Obama, in a strong net neutrality policy statement, has given the Federal Communications Commission the political cover it needs to move ahead with new rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated utility.
The U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to defeat encryption will backfire by eroding trust in U.S.-based Internet services and in the agency's own efforts to aid U.S. companies with cybersecurity, a group of privacy advocates said Tuesday.
The U.S. Congress should press for privacy protections and more information about surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency, some technology and civil liberties activists said Friday.
Google has lost the man who has led its government relations efforts in the Americas for more than six years, at a time when the company's operations face intense scrutiny from legislators and regulators.
The U.S. Congress needs to pass new laws to protect smartphone customers from having their locations tracked by operating systems and applications, members of a Senate subcommittee said Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
- Obama commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning, a WikiLeaks source
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT