U.S. President Barack Obama, in a strong net neutrality policy statement, has given the Federal Communications Commission the political cover it needs to move ahead with new rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated utility.
The U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to defeat encryption will backfire by eroding trust in U.S.-based Internet services and in the agency's own efforts to aid U.S. companies with cybersecurity, a group of privacy advocates said Tuesday.
The U.S. Congress should press for privacy protections and more information about surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency, some technology and civil liberties activists said Friday.
Google has lost the man who has led its government relations efforts in the Americas for more than six years, at a time when the company's operations face intense scrutiny from legislators and regulators.
The U.S. Congress needs to pass new laws to protect smartphone customers from having their locations tracked by operating systems and applications, members of a Senate subcommittee said Thursday.
A U.S. senator resurrected year-old questions about Google Street View cars sniffing Wi-Fi networks Tuesday, when he questioned a company representative about a patent application covering a process to pinpoint location based on nearby Wi-Fi signals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC