U.S. President Barack Obama, in a strong net neutrality policy statement, has given the Federal Communications Commission the political cover it needs to move ahead with new rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated utility.
The U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to defeat encryption will backfire by eroding trust in U.S.-based Internet services and in the agency's own efforts to aid U.S. companies with cybersecurity, a group of privacy advocates said Tuesday.
The U.S. Congress should press for privacy protections and more information about surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency, some technology and civil liberties activists said Friday.
Google has lost the man who has led its government relations efforts in the Americas for more than six years, at a time when the company's operations face intense scrutiny from legislators and regulators.
The U.S. Congress needs to pass new laws to protect smartphone customers from having their locations tracked by operating systems and applications, members of a Senate subcommittee said Thursday.
A U.S. senator resurrected year-old questions about Google Street View cars sniffing Wi-Fi networks Tuesday, when he questioned a company representative about a patent application covering a process to pinpoint location based on nearby Wi-Fi signals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- Thumb PC uses Google software to give computer vision to robots and drones
- Oracle sets its sights on engineering and construction with Textura buy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCTransition ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW