A coming boom in connected sensors and devices will drive mobile networks into distributed computing, the president of Bell Labs says
Alcatel-Lucent and chipmaker Sckipio Technologies are debuting modem technology that will help make speeds of hundreds of megabit per second over copper cables a reality.
The number of LTE subscriptions will pass 1 billion before the end of the year, prompting operators to invest in technologies such as small cells to keep up.
Size is power in the mobile networks business, but it's only one of the reasons Nokia is acquiring Alcatel-Lucent.
EU charges Google with antitrust and opens Android probe... Intel sales down along with PCs... new lawsuits challenge net neutrality... and more tech news.
Nokia has said it has entered into a memorandum of understanding to acquire Alcatel-Lucent in a deal that would value the French telecommunications equipment maker at €15.6 billion (US$16.5 billion).
Former Office chief returns to Microsoft... Turing manuscript fetches $1 million... Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia talking merger... and more tech news.
Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent are in advanced merger talks, the companies confirmed Tuesday following media speculation that a deal was in the works.
By using more spectrum and developing new ways to send multiple channels of data at the same time, researchers at Bell Labs are working to increase bandwidths over fiber, copper and the air.
In the romantic city of Barcelona, cellular and Wi-Fi are getting set up on a lot of dates this week.
If you have both cellular and Wi-Fi, why not use both? At Mobile World Congress, Alcatel-Lucent is demonstrating a way to do that as part of the same network.
A new generation of mobile network equipment comes with lofty promises of better coverage and performance for subscribers, by making it easier for operators to add more capacity and support for new radio technologies.
Alcatel-Lucent has been contracted to build a 2,300 km undersea cable connecting Australia and New Zealand, as part of a Telstra, Vodafone and Spark consortium.
A technology that delivers broadband speeds over copper lines at a speed comparable to fiber is gaining momentum.
Alcatel-Lucent has closed the sale of its IP telephony and Ethernet switching equipment activities to China Huaxin. The spun off company will struggle to compete with the likes of Microsoft and Cisco Systems, and will have to make acquisitions of its...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC