Alcatel-Lucent reported growing revenue and a shrinking loss for the first quarter of 2011, helped by operators' need for more capacity in their fixed and mobile networks, the company said on Friday.
Brocade today unveiled its plan for migrating customers to distributed, virtualized, Cloud-based data centers, along with products supporting that plan.
Alcatel-Lucent is reportedly shopping around its enterprise switching, IP telephony and contact center businesses in an effort to boost its financial performance by focusing on core telecom markets.
China Mobile will help Alcatel-Lucent develop its next generation of mobile networks, the French network equipment vendor said on Wednesday.
Cisco and other data center network combatants best prepare for an onslaught of meshes and pods.
Oracle explicitly said that it planned to sell products directly to its largest accounts after it acquired Sun Microsystems last year. But reseller Innovative Technology Distributors is claiming Oracle set about doing so in a way that "destroyed" ITD...
Alcatel-Lucent and Taiwan's main fixed-line telecom provider will build a gigabit passive optical network by the third quarter of 2011 to merge high-speed Internet with other services.
An iPhone version of the augmented reality <a href="http://argon.gatech.edu/index.html">Argon browser</a>, which lets users scan places and objects with the phone's video camera and see Web content overlaid on the screen, is now available.
Some people may yet debate the value of femtocells, but the tide has turned: in 2010, the number of femtocells around the world exceeded the number of macrocells, according to the Femto Forum.
The use of femtocells -- small base stations that extend mobile coverage in buildings -- is growing fast, driven in part by enterprises, executives said Tuesday during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Verizon Wireless said on Thursday it had made the first voice call over a commercial LTE network using the Voice over LTE standard. The standard is one of two competing to become the defacto technology for routing voice calls over the new data networ...
Alcatel-Lucent's next-generation mobile networks will use slimmed-down base stations that can be placed almost anywhere in order to improve coverage and mobile broadband performance, and cut costs for operators, the company said on Monday.
The GreenTouch Consortium demonstrated its work Tuesday into how using large-scale antenna systems and virtual modems, along with splitting mobile networks into two parts, can help reduce energy consumption of operator networks by a factor of 1000.
NBN Co CEO, Mike Quigley, used a press conference in Sydney to reject allegations he should’ve known about cases of bribery that took place in Alcatel-Lucent when he was a senior executive there.
Improper payments helped the company make up to $48 million in profit, according to U.S. authorities
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC