Alibaba’s cloud business has launched its first data centre in the southern hemisphere, with the company’s range of cloud services available from a Sydney data centre since late last week.
The Cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group, Alibaba Cloud, has launched a global marketplace and AliLaunch program for technology partners. This new program allows international technology partners to enter the China market through Alibaba Cloud’s init...
Alibaba Group's Cloud computing and mobile business are surging, but its reported revenue in the second quarter missed analysts' estimates, amid a slowing Chinese economy.
Amid complaints that the e-commerce company does little to fight fake goods, China's Alibaba Group is giving foreign vendors a direct line to report any counterfeit products spotted on its retail sites.
Enterprise customers can expect to hear more from e-commerce giant Alibaba Group. The Chinese company is accelerating the global expansion of its cloud computing business, with a US$1 billion investment.
China's e-commerce market hasn't been easy for Walmart to crack, but the U.S. shopping giant isn't giving up. The company is investing even more in its e-commerce operations there, by taking full control of a Chinese online retailer.
Alibaba Group has decided to sell off its 11Main e-commerce site in the U.S., as part of its focus on attracting foreign brands to its China business.
In another sign that Japan loves cute robots, SoftBank's Pepper is proving to be a hit with its consumer launch.
It can't cook or clean or do laundry, but SoftBank's Pepper could become the first breakout humanoid consumer robot and the vanguard of an era of mechanized, cloud-connected assistants.
Japanese mobile carrier, SoftBank, is teaming up with Apple manufacturer, Foxconn Technology Group, and Chinese e-commerce giant, Alibaba Group, in a global push to manufacture and sell robots for the home and workplace.
E-commerce giant Alibaba Group is preparing to launch a Netflix-like subscription video service in China, as the company expands into more entertainment ventures.
A mobile browser owned by China's Alibaba Group contained privacy risks that could have exposed users' personal data, according to a security group.
To expand its cloud computing business, China's Alibaba Group is preparing to open more data centers across the world.
Alibaba Group has been hit with a lawsuit from luxury brands that alleges that the Chinese e-commerce giant has been deliberately promoting the sale of counterfeit products.
After taking over the reins, Alibaba Group's new CEO has made global expansion a top priority for the Chinese e-commerce giant.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSocial Media Officer- SEO, mobile, analytics and reporting toolNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- TPApplication Support EngineerQLD
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Health experience requiredNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- FTConsultant - Warehouse/ LogisticsVIC