Alibaba Group's Cloud computing and mobile business are surging, but its reported revenue in the second quarter missed analysts' estimates, amid a slowing Chinese economy.
Amid complaints that the e-commerce company does little to fight fake goods, China's Alibaba Group is giving foreign vendors a direct line to report any counterfeit products spotted on its retail sites.
Enterprise customers can expect to hear more from e-commerce giant Alibaba Group. The Chinese company is accelerating the global expansion of its cloud computing business, with a US$1 billion investment.
China's e-commerce market hasn't been easy for Walmart to crack, but the U.S. shopping giant isn't giving up. The company is investing even more in its e-commerce operations there, by taking full control of a Chinese online retailer.
Alibaba Group has decided to sell off its 11Main e-commerce site in the U.S., as part of its focus on attracting foreign brands to its China business.
In another sign that Japan loves cute robots, SoftBank's Pepper is proving to be a hit with its consumer launch.
It can't cook or clean or do laundry, but SoftBank's Pepper could become the first breakout humanoid consumer robot and the vanguard of an era of mechanized, cloud-connected assistants.
Japanese mobile carrier, SoftBank, is teaming up with Apple manufacturer, Foxconn Technology Group, and Chinese e-commerce giant, Alibaba Group, in a global push to manufacture and sell robots for the home and workplace.
E-commerce giant Alibaba Group is preparing to launch a Netflix-like subscription video service in China, as the company expands into more entertainment ventures.
A mobile browser owned by China's Alibaba Group contained privacy risks that could have exposed users' personal data, according to a security group.
To expand its cloud computing business, China's Alibaba Group is preparing to open more data centers across the world.
Alibaba Group has been hit with a lawsuit from luxury brands that alleges that the Chinese e-commerce giant has been deliberately promoting the sale of counterfeit products.
After taking over the reins, Alibaba Group's new CEO has made global expansion a top priority for the Chinese e-commerce giant.
Though Alibaba Group is succeeding in generating more revenue from mobile, it is nevertheless shuffling executives, elevating its chief operating officer Daniel Zhang to CEO in the face of a stock-based compensation program that has depressed profit.
E-commerce giant Alibaba Group hasn't given up on its mobile OS, and is taking the software to China's rural markets through a series of low-cost phones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCPeoplesoft HR StrategistACT
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT