Alienware's backpack PC prototype packs a Radeon RX 480 to create a mobile virtual reality solution.
Alienware's Radeon RX 480-powered backpack PC may look like something out of a cyberpunk dystopia, but it's a practical solution to one of VR's biggest problems: Being tethered to a computer.
The updated Alpha R2 gets Skylake, an M.2 drive, and desktop-class graphics.
Once upon a time, Alienware was the company when it came to gaming laptops. And I mean that quite literally -- nobody else even made gaming laptops, so it was basically Alienware or nothing.
Alienware continues its push into the mobile PC market the introduction of its Alienware 13 notebook.
Alienware is moving into the living room with the announcement of its compact Alpha PC.
AMD said Monday that the two new members of its A-series "Kaveri" chips are now available for preorder, and launching January 14 in the US. But the biggest update to its new hybrid CPUs with integrated graphics may be one of terminology.
Following a public unveiling at this year’s E3 in Los Angeles, Alienware showcased its latest range of elite gaming laptops at an even in Sydney.
Alienware unveiled its three new gaming notebook at the fourth generation Intel Core launch that recently took place in Sydney, as well as the Alienware X51 desktop.
Alleged specs for Dell's Alienware M11x ultraportable gaming laptop, expected in the US in early April, have been leaked.
PC makers on Monday launched desktops that incorporate the latest technologies to work alongside Intel's new Core i7 chips, which have received praise for their speedy performance.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Alleged YouTube music ripper sued by industry for copyright infringement
- Parrot Mambo Drone review
- IBM promises a one-stop analytics shop with AI-powered big data platform
- Yahoo's claim of 'state-sponsored' hackers meets with skepticism
- GE, Bosch and open source could bring more IoT tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC