The U.S. Congress should take a hands-off approach toward the burgeoning Internet of Things industry and let vendors figure out how to deal with privacy and security issues, representatives of four trade groups said.
Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
Some Democratic senators want new laws that mandate security and privacy measures on the Internet of Things, as concern grows over personal data collected by connected devices.
Automobile makers should prevent drivers from using their in-vehicle electronic devices to browse the Internet and send text messages while their vehicles are moving, the U.S. Department of Transportation has recommended.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**WA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW