The U.S. Congress should take a hands-off approach toward the burgeoning Internet of Things industry and let vendors figure out how to deal with privacy and security issues, representatives of four trade groups said.
Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
Some Democratic senators want new laws that mandate security and privacy measures on the Internet of Things, as concern grows over personal data collected by connected devices.
Automobile makers should prevent drivers from using their in-vehicle electronic devices to browse the Internet and send text messages while their vehicles are moving, the U.S. Department of Transportation has recommended.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia