Amazon Web Services is rolling out an offer on Nov. 1 for new customers that provides one year of access to a "micro instance" on its Elastic Compute Cloud, as well as a number of other services, at no charge.
Rackspace's contribution of code to a new open-source project called OpenStack could help establish a counterweight to larger and proprietary players like Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), according to some observers.
Eucalyptus Systems has released an update to the commercial version of its private cloud software, Eucalyptus Enterprise Edition.
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> will shed more light on its cloud computing strategy next week at the annual <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/events/techednorthamerica/">TechEd</a> conference in New Orleans.
Red Hat Cloud Access will let enterprises use their subscriptions to support either traditional on-premise servers or servers hosted on Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud, the company said on Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Designer - UIVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCDeveloper - Tag managementNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- CCUNISON Analyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW