Watch out, Amazon.com. Google Inc. is getting into your game.
The irony is beautiful: To protect your Kindle, don't buy protection.
The Kindle DX started shipping from Amazon.com on Wednesday, as promised, for US$489, and could reach customers Thursday when initial owner reviews are expected to start hitting blogs and Websites.
Netbook makers will soon play a larger role in the e-reader market if start-up Pixel Qi has anything to say about it.
Amazon today launched a version of its Kindle digital download store specifically designed for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch, the bookseller announced.
Amazon's newest Kindle raises more questions than answers about how the e-book market might evolve.
As expected, Amazon.com Wednesday released a new version of its Kindle with a bigger screen, which is intended to present newspaper and magazine content better than the current, smaller Kindle 2.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halt WhatsApp data transfers, German privacy watchdog tells Facebook
- Alleged YouTube music ripper sued by industry for copyright infringement
- Parrot Mambo Drone review
- IBM promises a one-stop analytics shop with AI-powered big data platform
- Yahoo's claim of 'state-sponsored' hackers meets with skepticism
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW