Amazon Web Services wants to become a more central part of enterprise IT with the AWS Directory Service, which both competes and integrates with Microsoft's Active Directory.
Amazon.com may have received illegal state aid from tax authorities in Luxembourg, where the company has a subsidiary that records most of its European profit, according to the European Commission.
When Ken Griffin, the director of IT operations for Harvard Business Publishing, warned his staff, "12 months from now, those servers are being switched off," his message was crystal clear -- there's no going back, learn the cloud or step aside.
AT&T's NetBond service for secure access to third-party clouds will soon work with the biggest one of all, Amazon Web Services.
Google has fired back at Microsoft with cheaper cloud services, signaling another round of price cutting in an increasingly competitive market.
The Xen Project has revealed the details of a serious vulnerability in the Xen hypervisor that could put the security of many virtualized servers at risk.
With features such as offline sync in the new version of its Mobile SDK, Amazon Web Services is hoping to lure developers away from the cloud services offered by Google and Apple.
Looking for more success stories to add to its portfolio, Google has assembled a starter package to help startup businesses ramp up operations with free Google Cloud Platform services.
Enterprises that want to share and store files online have yet another option now that Amazon Web Services has opened its Zocalo service to general availability.
Amazon Web Services now lets enterprises use two-factor authentication to better protect hosted WorkSpaces virtual desktops.
Amazon Web Service has launched a type of instance to reduce costs for hosted remote desktops and small databases that don't consistently use high levels of CPU power, but every now and then need better performance.
Google says it's in the enterprise Cloud market to stay.
TrueCrypt remains the only way to encrypt Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) data when using the AWS Import/Export tool, two weeks after the popular encryption software was abruptly discontinued by its creators, supposedly for security reasons.
Enterprises can now run Windows Server 2012 R2 on Amazon's cloud, taking advantage of features such as tiered storage, and they can also combine the OS with SQL Server 2014.
Amazon Web Services is making a pitch for enterprises' high-performance databases to run on its infrastructure, launching new instances optimized for the task.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- 3 ways to improve your sales this Mother’s Day
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC